Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 6,353 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of some good efficiency/1 BR apartments in the Clarendon/Courthouse/Ballston area? I'm looking to spend $1,000/mo or under. What's the word on Clarendon Court off of N. Wilson Ave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 03:46 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davied99 View Post
Anyone know of some good efficiency/1 BR apartments in the Clarendon/Courthouse/Ballston area? I'm looking to spend $1,000/mo or under. What's the word on Clarendon Court off of N. Wilson Ave?
I'm going to piggy-back here if you don't mind, as I'm considering an affordable efficiency/studio/1-BR in NoVA as well and am still seriously interested in Ballston.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:00 PM

9 posts, read 27,373 times
Good luck with that price range. Like I mentioned in my other post I just got back from looking at apartments in those areas last weekend, and unless you're a good distance from the metro, one bedrooms are going to run at least $1600. Your best bet might be to watch craigslist, that's how I found my place. Also, check out Avalon at Ballston. Its still a little higher than what you mentioned, but it seemed like a nice place and was a little more affordable than most. Although if you can find a roommate, it would be a little easer to get close to $1000 a month.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM

593 posts, read 2,440,004 times
I've lived in the Ballston/Clarendon/Court House/ area for a few years now, and here is what I can tell you about renting an apartment for $1,000:
  • Ballston will be slightly cheaper in general than Court House or Clarendon.

• The only way to get a studio/ 1BR for under $1,000 is to live farther away from the Metro. In general, the apartments in this price range are at least a 10-min. walk to the metro.

• If you can go slightly above budget to $1,200, there are studios for about $1200 about 2-3 blocks from the metro stops. An example would be Park Adams apts near Court House metro - I used to live there in a 2-br w/ a roommate, but I know they have studios for about $1,150. Pretty good place for the money. park adams apartments arlington va - Google Maps

• Or, you could look at renting a bedroom in a house. That could be done for under $1,000 close to the metro, but it doesn't sound like that is what you're looking for.

• I'd also recommending figuring out your total budget including rent, utilities, electricity, gas, cable, internet, etc. and using that figure when looking for an apartment.

• If I were in your shoes, I'd find a roommate on craigslist and split a 2-bedroom with them. You will be able to get a much better place within your budget, and you will end up closer to a metro station. You also end up splitting every bill in half with a roommate. This saves a lot of money.

Is this the kind of info you were looking for? If you want recommendations of a few specific places, let me know and I'd be happy to give more details.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,120 times
Default Need specific apartment ideas!

You may have some insight to what I am looking for: a studio or 1 br for 1200-1300 a month as near to the metro as possible. I am working in Tysons, but I want to be as close to DC as possible, or if not, then as close to a metro as possible. I really don't need any extra amenities besides a consistent place to park. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCguy03 View Post
I've lived in the Ballston/Clarendon/Court House/ area for a few years now, and here is what I can tell you about renting an apartment for $1,000:
  • Ballston will be slightly cheaper in general than Court House or Clarendon.

• The only way to get a studio/ 1BR for under $1,000 is to live farther away from the Metro. In general, the apartments in this price range are at least a 10-min. walk to the metro.

• If you can go slightly above budget to $1,200, there are studios for about $1200 about 2-3 blocks from the metro stops. An example would be Park Adams apts near Court House metro - I used to live there in a 2-br w/ a roommate, but I know they have studios for about $1,150. Pretty good place for the money. park adams apartments arlington va - Google Maps

• Or, you could look at renting a bedroom in a house. That could be done for under $1,000 close to the metro, but it doesn't sound like that is what you're looking for.

• I'd also recommending figuring out your total budget including rent, utilities, electricity, gas, cable, internet, etc. and using that figure when looking for an apartment.

• If I were in your shoes, I'd find a roommate on craigslist and split a 2-bedroom with them. You will be able to get a much better place within your budget, and you will end up closer to a metro station. You also end up splitting every bill in half with a roommate. This saves a lot of money.
Is this the kind of info you were looking for? If you want recommendations of a few specific places, let me know and I'd be happy to give more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia