Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 AM

18 posts, read 66,897 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I've read a lot of the old postings from 2007 regarding the potomac club. I'm just wondering if current residents can provide updated information regarding the following:

1. Are you pleased with the overall community?
2. Do you wish that you had selected a community in fairfax county?
3. Are your neighbors pleasant?
4. Do you enjoy using the potomac club house?
5. Do you feel as though your HOA fees are too high or are they just right
for the amenities?
6. Are there noise issues?
7. Are there too many dogs on the property?
8. Is the community kept clean (i.e. proper trash disposal and pickup)?
9. Do you feel safe?
10. Were there any break-ins, rapes, murder, larceny, etc on the property?

I'm considering purchasing at the potomac club --perhaps in November 09.
All comments and feedback are welcomed!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 PM

18 posts, read 66,897 times
If you're a current owner/resident, I'd really appreciate any comments/feedback regarding your take on the potomac club.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM

10 posts, read 33,593 times
Have you head anything yet?
i'm also a prospective future resident....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:17 PM

982 posts, read 3,486,911 times
You're probably going to be better off checking the Virginia State Police's website for information regarding crime in the area. I also suggest going to the neighborhood and speaking with the neighbors since you're not getting much of a response on here. That area was hit pretty hard by short sales and foreclosures...so you may not be getting a response because of that.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,129,798 times
I posted this a few weeks ago: https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...-club-fyi.html

Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM

24 posts, read 79,592 times
If you go a bit further south (about 2 miles) down Route 1 and take a left onto River Ridge Blvd, there is a new development called Melody Landing that is better, in my opinion. A friend of mine bought there. You get a better product for a lower price and the Condo Fee isn't outrageous. There are 2 builders in that area. Brookfield Homes and Lennar. I think the Brookfield product is nicer. The models are gorgeous.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:17 PM

4 posts, read 14,021 times
Default Ryan Model Homes at Potomac Club....For Rent

My husband and I have owned the Ryan model townhomes for over two years. We will be renting them within the next 60-90 days. To date, they have only been used as models and have never been lived in. They are both very upgraded and beautifully decorated. The rentals will handled by a professional management company.

Both units have 3-bedrooms and 2-1/2 baths.

If you are interested in a rental property at Potomac Club, please contact me via email (vickiwunderle@hotmail.com). More information can be provided upon request.

Thanks!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 6,667 times
I am also planning to purchase a property at the potomac club in November 2010. Can anyone advise? I am retiring and would like to know if it will be safe for me to live there.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irma09 View Post
I am also planning to purchase a property at the potomac club in November 2010. Can anyone advise? I am retiring and would like to know if it will be safe for me to live there.
I don't have any statistics but as a Woodbridge resident who is around that area often, my perception is that it is safe.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 9,613 times
Smile Potomac Club Future Resident

So my wife and I have just purchased the final town home end unit within the community. I have been interested in the forums and negative postings regarding the community. Overall the community seems great! I do see a little over crowding with the roads and parking, but probably an issue if you live in the middle or only have a one car garage/more than two cars.

I'm hoping to hear how everyone is enjoying?? the community so far? We have attended one social event and most of the people were very friendly and welcoming. My wife and I don't know many people in the area since moving here and hoping to meet people in the both the area and community.

I will admit we are nervous about the price of the home and HOA fees which seem to be the biggest complaint, but with being two miles from my wife's work and 6 from mine, we will make that up in gas.

The questions we can answer:
Do you wish that you had selected a community in Fairfax county?
A: I definitely wouldn't buy in Fairfax county. Although it's a great area and great schools, the taxes are higher, home prices haven't been affected as other areas so homes are still going for $400,000+ for even a older home. I didn't see the need to due to we have no kids and work outside of the beltway.

Do you enjoy using the Potomac club house?
A: I haven't used the club house yet but an indoor pool? Gym? Some communities have HOA and no clubhouse. I am a little disappointed in the price to rent the commons area even though we are paying $250+ for HOA.

Are there too many dogs on the property?
A: I heard this is a dog friendly community with dog shows in the spring? I don't own a dog but I am all for others owning them, as long as they pick up after them.

Do you feel safe?
A: Again seeing we don't live here I can't really speak, but I have heard and seen a lot of comments on various forums and reviews about car thefts, of course most of them are due to people leaving their doors unlocked. Other than that I do wish the fence went completely around the community but I understand they would have to pay for it and HOA fees would probably jump to $400 a month.

Were there any break-ins, rapes, murder, larceny, etc on the property?
A: Again we have heard of car break-ins but most of the people have just said lock your car doors if you park on the street.

================================================== =

Also if you live in the Woodbridge/Prince William County area and you're looking for people to hang out with, look on facebook for "Prince William County Meet Up Group", or if you live in Potomac Club, look for "Potomac Club, Woodbridge VA"

I look forward to being apart of the community!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia