Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 03:38 PM

85 posts, read 249,817 times

Advertisements

Hello - We're back to looking at moving again - it's been a nightmare with the "not knowing" whether we'll be going or not. Right now it seems probable (although who knows what will happen next week...). Anyway, we're narrowing our search to Leesburg and would love some community recommendations. We're looking for a family-oriented community - we have 3 children of varying ages. A community pool is very important to us (and good schools of course.... Our price range is around the 500K range, give or take up to 550K max. We've heard a little about Woodlea Manor and Greenway Farm, but would love more information as well as any other communites out there. The more details, the better, so if anyone is in the mood to pass on some information, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 AM

241 posts, read 987,241 times
I live in one of the newer developments (homes built in 2003, labeled cookie cutters ) called "Potomac Crossing" and its a great community for families. They have a community pool, various small playgrounds scattered here and there (so you'll find one at walking distance) and the Elementary schools is good (from what I've heard from other moms in the community, my daughter is too young to go to school). I have no information on middle/high schools. The prices are actually under $500k for the SFHs, you should be able to find one easily.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:57 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
I love Woodlea Mannor... it's a beautiful neighborhood. same as Greenway.

Most neighborhoods in your price will have commutiy pools and tennis etc....

Of the HS look for neighobrhoods that feed into County rather than Heritage. (my daughter would have attended Heritage this year...I just feel County is the better school)

Look over off of Rivercreek pkwy as well...there are some nice areas over there.
But really not as pretty as Woodlea...the big trees etc...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 AM

85 posts, read 249,817 times
Thanks to both of you for the information. I'll check into Potomac Crossing. 5Stones, I also love Woodlea Manor but the prices rise up towards 600K, which is way too high. I saw that there are a couple under 500K, but they have contacts. I have 3 children ranging from 6 1/2 to almost 14, so I'd like a community with a wide range of ages - I get that feel from Woodlea, but am not sure about Greenway. If you think of anymore advice, I'd love to hear it! I did get from some research that County is a better choice for high schools in the area. Thanks for verifying that thought!

Also, can you give some other community names around the area you mentioned (5 Stones)?
Thanks again!!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 AM

324 posts, read 836,768 times
My DH and I moved to Greenway Farm a couple of years ago. We looked at a lot of the Leesburg neighborhoods such as Potomac Station, Potomac Crossing, Exeter, Stowers, Evergreen, Etc. and decided the Greenway/Woodlea neighborhood was the best for us. We like that the subdivision has plenty of mature trees and undeveloped areas. Also, that it's somewhat removed from the major hustle and bustle of Leesburg but still within minutes of shopping and grocery stores. The location--right off the Toll Road/Route 15/Route 7 and a quick trip to Route 50 is ideal. My DH and I both work in the Dulles area and it rarely takes more than 30 minutes to get to work by taking the back way. I've made it to work in 10 minutes off the toll road before, and I'm not a fast driver.

Both Greenway and Woodlea have community pools and Greenway has a small park with slides and stuff for kids. If you're into golf, Westpark Golf Club is right next door. I can't vouch for the quality of the course since I don't play, but it looks nice to me!

From what I've viewed, Greenway seems to be more younger families and Woodlea is a bit older, though you will see all ages in both neighborhoods. Your three kids would have NO problem finding friends/playmates in either neighborhood.

My DH and I joke that we moved to Mayberry. It's pretty ideal as far as neighborhoods go. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions that I can answer. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: