Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,984,499 times

Advertisements

The Fortune-Telling Photograph

The family thought the photo was hilarious, and made many jokes about “our son, the invisible man.” Most of his siblings thought Matt, the boy whose head was missing, had somehow pulled a very clever practical joke (since he was famous for his pranks, and he was also the person who had developed the film). However, nobody could explain how he had done it.

Everyone found the photo amusing, and for months it was displayed on the ice box along with a collection of cartoons and fortunes from the local Chinese restaurant. Then something much stranger happened.

To be continued....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM

The Fortune-Telling Photograph

On a calm, August afternoon, that same boy and his father were doing yardwork at their home. The boy, whose name was Matt, had just started trimming a bush when his father stepped inside to answer the telephone. When he returned, Matt was gone. All that remained were the pruning shears and the pile of clippings.

At first, the father assumed that Matt had simply tired of yardwork or had been called away by a friend. However, as the day progressed, the family became concerned. Although Matt played practical jokes on his college buddies, he had never been known to miss dinner. They searched and questioned all around, but it was to no avail. Even the authorities couldn’t help them locate their son.

Matt was never heard from again. All that was left behind was the memory of his face and a headless photograph that foretold a chilling fate.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
.....Scranny moves to Leesburg-Wilkes-Barre....
LOL, The Ghost Who Could Never Stop Asking for Sidewalks.

you know I can picture it.... Poor Scran meets an untimely end while jogging down North Shore Drive on his way to the Planning Meeting. And so, to this very day, he haunts that meeting, wailing and moaning and screeching in a ghastly manner. Finally, to put an end to this ghastly screeching they go ahead and build miles upon miles of sidewalks. But it's to no avail.

As the years go by there are so many sidewalks they start having to place them right next to each other, sometimes even three sidewalks side-by-side... but nothing will stop the ghostly howls. No matter how much pavement they poor, he'll haunt that meeting until the end of time. Always asking for more... more... MORE sidewalks!

ps. just kidding Scran, you know we love ya.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,606,551 times
I hear there's a mysterious vortex in Herndon where all the speed limit signs look like they've been altered to 25.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,338,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I hear there's a mysterious vortex in Herndon where all the speed limit signs look like they've been altered to 25.
ha!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM

428 posts, read 1,116,836 times
These are great, normie! I'm a sucker for a good ghost story. Thanks for sharing! And if you have time, then please keep 'em coming!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:27 PM

BTW, just to make sure nobody feels picked on, tomorrow I'll tell the tales of VRE and the Haunted Traffic Cop on Fairfax County Parkway. Also, Normie's Ghostly Encounters at Potomac Falls.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,338,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
BTW, just to make sure nobody feels picked on, tomorrow I'll tell the tales of VRE and the Haunted Traffic Cop on Fairfax County Parkway. Also, Normie's Ghostly Encounters at Potomac Falls.
ha!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:15 PM

63 posts, read 171,978 times
I would love a thread about local ghost stories, or any stories anyone may have about strange, spiritual, psychic etc. phenomenon that they have encountered.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM

989 posts, read 2,859,353 times
Normie, love the stories. Especially the

to be continued....

parts. Really gives it the essense. Okay. I'm going to try and dig some up too. I'll be back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia