Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 AM

187 posts, read 489,481 times

Advertisements

What do you think of Bristow? We'd like up to an acre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 AM

Do you know if the children have to ride a bus to school? I think it would be nice for them to ride their bikes. We'll stay away from Gainesville. Thanks for the advice. Please keep it coming.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:04 AM

Thanks again for your input. Who is the builder for Holly Ridge? I can't find them on my searches.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,593,985 times
I live in Gainesville... I don't think the traffic is tremendously worse than anywhere else. Yes there is some traffic at certain times if you are going straight thru Gainesville on 29 to get on 66, but we're not talking about sitting in traffic for hours and hours. Traffic is just the way it is in NOVA.

Besides.. if you chose Haymarket or Bristow, you'll probably want to come to Gainesville for some of the stores such as Lowe's and Target. Bristow and Gainesville kind of blend into one another. In my initial research when shopping for a home via the internet, I didn't realize how close the 2 cities are.

Btw, you're probably going to find homes on 1/4 acre lots in Bristow unless you are going to choose something older or spend $$$ for a big house on a big lot. David will correct me if i'm wrong.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Okay. So we shouldn't rule out Gainesville. I do love shopping. We'd love to move into a friendly neighborhood where the kids are out playing and the adults are up for a spontaneous summer barbe-que. I believe we can find that in a neighborhood where houses aren't too far apart, right?

Old 05-05-2007, 02:40 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,593,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
Okay. So we shouldn't rule out Gainesville. I do love shopping. We'd love to move into a friendly neighborhood where the kids are out playing and the adults are up for a spontaneous summer barbe-que. I believe we can find that in a neighborhood where houses aren't too far apart, right?
Well if you are considering Bristow and Haymarket, yes you shouldn't rule out Gainesville because it is in between the 2 cities. You need to determine what you really want in a house/lot before anything else. That will narrow your search.

There are tons of homes where the homes aren't too far apart, probably a bit too close if you know what I mean. I personally can't believe how friendly the people are here.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:33 PM

566 posts, read 2,975,615 times
Definitely don't rule out Gainesville. The traffic here is no better or worse that anywhere else in NOVA.

NV is the builder for holly ridge. http://www.nvhomes.com/community.aspx?CID=9604620041209

As for family friendly neighborhoods, you will find them all over Gainesville/Haymarket/Bristow. You might want to check out a community called Braemar. It's in Bristow and is a very well planned community and there are a few parts of the neighborhood where children can ride their bikes to school. However, I don't think there are any lots close to an acre there. I actually can't think of any communities in Bristow that offfer homes on an acre. So you willl either have to stay in Haymarket/North Gainesville, or try looking at Nokesville (Nokesville borders Bristow).

Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Thanks. The plan looks like what I want. Unfortunately, they don't build wood-burning fireplaces (my husband is stuck on that). The search continues.....

Old 05-08-2007, 10:21 PM

3 posts, read 10,735 times
Dominion Valley is a very nice community, but monthly homeowner's dues are expensive!! Also watch out for schools opening in the area....kids change schools about as often as their clothes!!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM

3 posts, read 10,735 times
Lake Manassas is a beautiful Gated community (with LOTS of mature trees)off route 29 in Gainesville. The traffic has DRASTICALLY lifted since the improvements to route 66, with more improvements in the future.

Last edited by Yac; 05-09-2007 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: realtor site link removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia