Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,291,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMadison View Post
VRE332 and DvlsAdvc8 thank you very much for your response!
The times you quoted...are those rush hour or pre rush hr...what time does it start to get busy?
haha. You are not going to like this answer. The roads start getting bad at 6am to 1030pm. On the way back from 230pm to 7pm is bad. This is on a good day with no rain/snow/sunny eyes/wrecks. I cannot stress enough the importance of the VRE to your future weekly commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 02:50 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,851,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMadison View Post
VRE332 and DvlsAdvc8 thank you very much for your response!
The times you quoted...are those rush hour or pre rush hr...what time does it start to get busy?
When I was working in Falls Church I was leaving just before 7am to arrive at 8am. However, if anything went wrong I'd arrive well after 8am. The longer your commute the greater likelihood you'll have some sort of traffic issue in front of you.

Now, working in Chantilly, I leave at 7:30-7:40am-ish to arrive at 8am. On good days I can get to work in 20 mins. The worst of days I still manage 45 mins generally... and that's with the construction going on with the I66/Rt29 intersection in Gainesville (or the evening 4 into 2 lane change coming into Gainesville on I66W)

Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM

32 posts, read 72,292 times
I live in Bristow and love it. We like it because it is quiet and far enough away from the "rat race" feel.
Holly Ridge (at Lawnville) is really nice. (I am not sure if it is the same thing that people on here are talking about.) I go to a stable located in the back of the community and have seen the homes. They are really nice and on good size lots. It seems very quite. The stable used to be an old carriage stable. It has an old mansion type home on the property with a cute little stone house behind it. The barns are white. I like it there. If we need that much room and were looking to buy I would drag the hubbie there!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,291,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickmash View Post
I live in Bristow and love it. We like it because it is quiet and far enough away from the "rat race" feel.
Holly Ridge (at Lawnville) is really nice. (I am not sure if it is the same thing that people on here are talking about.) I go to a stable located in the back of the community and have seen the homes. They are really nice and on good size lots. It seems very quite. The stable used to be an old carriage stable. It has an old mansion type home on the property with a cute little stone house behind it. The barns are white. I like it there. If we need that much room and were looking to buy I would drag the hubbie there!
Ha, dont drag him, get your gun out and say move!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:00 PM

32 posts, read 72,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
Ha, dont drag him, get your gun out and say move!!!
LOL Too funny. I will remember this when I ge to buy.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,112 times
From someone who lives in Gainesville, how nice that your husband will not have to be commuting. We love it here. Have you also looked into Lake Manassas? It's a community that is gated and right off of the main highway. There is an upscale grocery store very close. Lots of walking trails and of course, golf. And if you have small children it's great. A nearby day care, a playground, and a swim team.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:41 PM

9,859 posts, read 13,970,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecaligirl View Post
From someone who lives in Gainesville, how nice that your husband will not have to be commuting. We love it here. Have you also looked into Lake Manassas? It's a community that is gated and right off of the main highway. There is an upscale grocery store very close. Lots of walking trails and of course, golf. And if you have small children it's great. A nearby day care, a playground, and a swim team.
Welcome to the forum! In the top left corner of every post, the posting date is listed. This thread is ten years old. I'm sure they have found a house by now!

Old 05-03-2017, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,112 times
Hm, when I pulled it up I saw the date May 1, 2017. Ha!!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:56 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,854,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecaligirl View Post
Hm, when I pulled it up I saw the date May 1, 2017. Ha!!
If you really saw a recent date, its a programming issue.

We are actively responsible on this forum. It may not be for you.

You must report the problem with a link to this forum;

Here is how;

Report this post is through the report feature of the post in question, click on the small triangle [url]//pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...ons/report.gif[/url] in the upper right corner of the post.

Here is the listing of Moderators and the forums they cover:
Moderator list
[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1831818-moderator-list.html[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia