Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:51 PM

85 posts, read 224,574 times

Advertisements

I am very interested in moving to Fredericksburg. The home prices are so scary. Can anyone recommend homes in the 250-300 range like the above poster mentioned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 04:20 PM

743 posts, read 3,902,415 times
SP6337686

SP6336813

If I were looking for a home near F'burg for below $300k, I'd check out these two. They are both near where the new I-95 exit will be (especially the first one) Property values are sure to go up in that area once it gets developed... but you might have to wait another 2 or 3 years to see that. Besides the new exit, there will be a new hospital in around 2 years, maybe a VRE station, and even more shopping. I'd definately check out the first one anyways.

(I don't know the people with these listings or anything... I just searched Fredericksburg.com and came up with 2 homes in the price range in areas I knew were decent.)

Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 PM

7 posts, read 36,214 times
Default Thanks for all your posts...I need info on schools

Do any of you know what schools are good for a middle school student? Chancellor, Battlefield, Ni River? And where is the new 95 exit going to be? After the Fredericksburg exit or before?

Last edited by candleroma; 05-23-2007 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: adding more info

Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 AM

Chancellor is nice since it is attached to the high school. It allows the middle school to use some of the high school facilities. Ni River is one of the newer schools, and it's semi- in the country... I don't think Battlefield Middle is that good. It's one of the older schools, and the area that the school is in can be rough at times (I have seen cops with their lights on at the 7-11 accross the street a lot. Usually at night though... but still)

As for the new I-95 exit, the one I was talking about will be between exit 126 (Spotsylvania) and exit 118 (Thornburg) It will be around 120-121 I think, and a new road will go from Rt. 1, to the exit, and then continue on to Rt. 17, past Lee's Hill. There ARE plans though (if they get approved) to add an exit just north of the Fredericksburg/Culpeper (Rt. #) exit, around the visitor's center. Silver (The main developer in the area) wants to have a toll road built between that new exit, and Rt. 3, near his new shopping development, Harrison Crossing (Maybe coming out at the other side of the light at Gordon Rd. and Rt. 3, or maybe going all the way past Chancellor Elementary.)

This other new exit would be nice for the evening rush hour on Rt. 3, and also would be nice for tourists who stop at the visitor center, and want to get to the battle fields a little quicker. But the second one is further from being a reality than the first... though both will probably happen.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,152,044 times
I would second what Eric said on the schools. I go to church with folks that have kids at Ni River and they think it is excellent. You also might want to look at Freedom. I know many people that have their kids their also and are very happy with it.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 PM

429 posts, read 1,865,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD View Post
Chancellor is nice since it is attached to the high school. It allows the middle school to use some of the high school facilities. Ni River is one of the newer schools, and it's semi- in the country... I don't think Battlefield Middle is that good. It's one of the older schools, and the area that the school is in can be rough at times (I have seen cops with their lights on at the 7-11 accross the street a lot. Usually at night though... but still)

As for the new I-95 exit, the one I was talking about will be between exit 126 (Spotsylvania) and exit 118 (Thornburg) It will be around 120-121 I think, and a new road will go from Rt. 1, to the exit, and then continue on to Rt. 17, past Lee's Hill. There ARE plans though (if they get approved) to add an exit just north of the Fredericksburg/Culpeper (Rt. #) exit, around the visitor's center. Silver (The main developer in the area) wants to have a toll road built between that new exit, and Rt. 3, near his new shopping development, Harrison Crossing (Maybe coming out at the other side of the light at Gordon Rd. and Rt. 3, or maybe going all the way past Chancellor Elementary.)

This other new exit would be nice for the evening rush hour on Rt. 3, and also would be nice for tourists who stop at the visitor center, and want to get to the battle fields a little quicker. But the second one is further from being a reality than the first... though both will probably happen.
Oh no....more eyesoars.
Man 10 years from now once scenic spotsy off I-95 is going to look like a scarffed down real estate agent buffet, ugly, empty of green fields.

What is this toll road, I-95 or a new exit, links?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tberg224 View Post
Oh no....more eyesoars.
Man 10 years from now once scenic spotsy off I-95 is going to look like a scarffed down real estate agent buffet, ugly, empty of green fields.

What is this toll road, I-95 or a new exit, links?
A new exit off of I-95, heading west to skip the development... (exept most likely exits so people can get off and shop at Silver's many shopping areas...) But that last part is just my speculation

They ARE talking about extending the HOV lanes to F-burg, and making them free for cars with 3 or more people in them, but then making them a toll road for others... but that'll be a while before they would extend the lanes that far (they'd have to build a new bridge over the Rappahannock)

Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Thank you for all your advice. I really appreciate it. I am really considering a home in Lee's Parke. Wondering about the Thornburg Middle School or Spotsylvania Middle School? Please help!!!!! Desperate!!!!! Just worried about the serious crimes that have taken place at the school? Are there gangs here?

Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,152,044 times
Candleroma - I have not heard of any problems with the middle schools, other than the mess you hear about any teenagers these days. Have you checked out the web site for Spotsylvania schools? That might give you a little more information on the individual school. Look for the link for the PTO/PTA and then maybe contact someone from the board. Most parents are honest enought to tell you what they like and don't like about their own school. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 AM

Thank you...we have an offer in on a home in Lee's Parke. Although, I wonder if it was the right decision. Really appreciate all your input and help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia