Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM

230 posts, read 1,035,365 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Trying to organize Taylor Swift tickets for my daughter for the Charlottesville Va concert which is sold out (can't do the DC concert, dates don't work for us). I have found several online ticket sites that have tickets but I'm not sure if they are sites that I can trust. Anyone have experience with any of the following sites:

Ticket Seating, Ticket Triangle or Tickets review?

Or can anyone suggest a site I should use?

Santa is very busy at the moment in our household & he wouldn't be impressed if he squeezed all the way down the chimmney only to find that the tickets were fakes

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,672 times
I haven't heard of those sites before but we've used Stub Hub many times without problems and they do have tickets for that show available. My daughters and I saw Taylor at Merriweather Post Pavillion and it was a great show! That's a wonderful idea for a Christmas gift!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,618,382 times
Just a few suggestions beside the previous post.. Ebay has a ticket bidding area on their site. I have purchased sold out tickets on there before.. sometimes people buy the tickets and cant go also you could try criagslist.. you may have luck looking in the Charlottesville, harrisonburg or Richmond craigslist under "for sale" and then "tickets" sometimes though people dont put them up until close to the show. You can also put up "tickets wanted" ads..Good Luck!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Thanks for those suggestions!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM

303 posts, read 918,037 times
I've never bought tickets through a re-seller, but I have often bought them online from the official web sites, and have never had any trouble. (Just did that for Nutcracker tix and a performance at Wolf Trap.)

Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne Family View Post
Hi,

Trying to organize Taylor Swift tickets for my daughter for the Charlottesville Va concert which is sold out (can't do the DC concert, dates don't work for us). I have found several online ticket sites that have tickets but I'm not sure if they are sites that I can trust. Anyone have experience with any of the following sites:

Ticket Seating, Ticket Triangle or Tickets review?

Or can anyone suggest a site I should use?

Santa is very busy at the moment in our household & he wouldn't be impressed if he squeezed all the way down the chimmney only to find that the tickets were fakes

Thanks!
When is the concert?

Reason I ask is that if it's still a ways off you might want to wait as long as possible to buy...

My brother and I jumped on U2 tickets as soon as they came available and it turns out that the demand wasn't all that.

We ended up not being able to go to the concert and ended up eating the tickets, selling them at half the price we paid.....

Perhaps Taylor Swift is more popular than U2 these days.... (It would be a travesty, but it's possible I suppose... ). In that case then I'd go with stubhub or tickets.com.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,869,116 times
Basically, all ticket resellers are members of the same electronic network and have access to the same inventory. The quality of ticket reseller very widely in quality, from the shady, to the mom and pop operations, to corporate.

Because of this, I would only buy from TicketsNow or RazorGator. TicketsNow is owned by Ticketmaster and RazorGator is owned by prominent hedge funds and has lots of partnerships with major Sporting Events and Concert Promoters. They both have rock solid guarantees.

Stubhub is OK too, as its owned by Ebay, but it's more of a marketplace than a ticket reseller.

I don't really know the reputations of the places you mention, but these smaller places go in and out of business all the time. Also, they might seem a little bit cheaper, but they add surcharges and very high shipping fees.

As for craigslist or ebay, it's a minefield. You can get cheap tickets from someone that needs to offload some extras, but they are also the forums of choice for scammers and counterfeiters. For real hot tickets like Taylor Swift, you are asking for trouble.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Thanks slim04, I've gone ahead with tickets on Stubhub but will keep the other 2 places you mentioned in mind for next time!

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
Basically, all ticket resellers are members of the same electronic network and have access to the same inventory. The quality of ticket reseller very widely in quality, from the shady, to the mom and pop operations, to corporate.

Because of this, I would only buy from TicketsNow or RazorGator. TicketsNow is owned by Ticketmaster and RazorGator is owned by prominent hedge funds and has lots of partnerships with major Sporting Events and Concert Promoters. They both have rock solid guarantees.

Stubhub is OK too, as its owned by Ebay, but it's more of a marketplace than a ticket reseller.

I don't really know the reputations of the places you mention, but these smaller places go in and out of business all the time. Also, they might seem a little bit cheaper, but they add surcharges and very high shipping fees.

As for craigslist or ebay, it's a minefield. You can get cheap tickets from someone that needs to offload some extras, but they are also the forums of choice for scammers and counterfeiters. For real hot tickets like Taylor Swift, you are asking for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia