U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 AM

110 posts, read 237,227 times

Advertisements

After looking thru countless old homes throughout most of Fairfax County we ended up getting a house in the area we 1st fell in love with over 2 years ago when we 1st started toying with the idea of relocating from So Cal to NOVA.

It's too bad we didn't start our search there. It would have saved a lot of time and a lot of stress. But we had to start looking as close to my work areas (DC) as possible. So now it looks like I won't have the luxury of a 15 minute drive to work but then again that has only happened like 2-4 times in 26 years anyway, so why should VA be any different.

What a perfect time to move too! Cherry blossom trees are blooming and the color of green is covering the area. I was out there last week for the search and the weather wasn't bad... A little rain... Temp down as low as 37 degrees... A little wind making it even colder but I think with a small investment in some warm clothing and some new snow tires on the Benz we can do this!

So happy to be coming to NOVA and thanks to the folks here in this forum for helping.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM

15,400 posts, read 27,676,009 times
Congratulations--it's a good feeling to get the house hunt accomplished. What section of Sterling did you choose? Welcome to Virginia.

BTW, no need to buy snow tires until we get predictions for next year. It's very likely we'll have little or no snow, since we had such a snowy year this year.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM

10,918 posts, read 29,579,029 times
That is good news! I am sure you will be happy in the new neighborhood. Snow tires should be fine for the majority of snows in this area, since they pretty much handle the same as what I'm used to in New York with a RWD vehicle. Here, though, you don't need to have them on the car as long, which is nice, though I'd invest in a second set of rims and containers for true ease of use.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
...though I'd invest in a second set of rims and containers for true ease of use.
2nd set of rims

There's go some of that bonus!

Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,379,491 times
Congratulations! I'm glad it has worked out for you.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 PM

104 posts, read 398,230 times
Sterling is wonderful! We moved to the Cascades area of Sterling 2 years ago and we are originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. My husband and I both agree that we want to settle here permanently! Welcome to Virginia

Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 PM

2,309 posts, read 1,932,175 times
Congrats! There are so many amenities in Sterling!

Good luck with the move! I wish you a stressLESS transition

Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Thanks ya'll!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:12 PM

10,918 posts, read 29,579,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymax View Post
2nd set of rims

There's go some of that bonus!
LOL...it's easier, especially if you can put the tires on/off yourself, since you may not need them in this region every day of the winter. Though, they do make the handling much, much better. Tire rack might be able to give you a good deal on rim & tire packages.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia