Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM

509 posts, read 975,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Your little emoticons don't make it true. And you know as well as I do that this was never proven. I wonder why the lady disappeared and didn't follow up in the issue?
I remember that incident as well as I was still living in Manassas at the time, and I remember a lot of people saying if she really had a case she would have filed a lawsuit by now. Most people figure she didn't have a real case and it was done just to make some headlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
What a shame you have this attitude. Fortunately most sane people are not like you.
I'm really glad you are a RETIRED police officer.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Your little emoticons don't make it true. And you know as well as I do that this was never proven. I wonder why the lady disappeared and didn't follow up in the issue?
It was never disproven either. She may not have the money or time to fight this.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,272,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm really glad you are a RETIRED police officer.
With people like you out here so am I.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
With people like you out here so am I.
What? Are you mad that not everyone believes police officers automatically deserve respect even if they are packing? Respect me, I'll return the favor. Let the badge go to your head, I'll give that disrespect right back.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,447,399 times
Quote:
It was never disproven either. She may not have the money or time to fight this.
She would not need a dime, actually. Victims who have credible cases pursue them, and the Commonwealth files the charges. There is no charge to any victim, and their time is necessary to secure justice, but when one has been wronged they usually fight as opposed to saying that they don't have time to pursue it.

For a civil case, she could actually be entitled to advance legal funding, and most certainly a case taken at no charge by an attorney who would then get a portion of the settlement, provided the case was credible.

And, don't forget there are womens' rights attorneys who would make a media circus of the case, assisting the purported victim through the criminal phase and then suing the alleged perpetrator and his employing police agency in the civil phase.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM

982 posts, read 3,491,052 times
A little more permanent that....I had my contact information on the back window and two smaller side windows on the back of my SUV. The only way to remove it was to scrape it with a razor blade. Check the size of the windows of a pilot...definitely not coming off in seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Are they magnetic signs or is it painted on the car?

I could see where magnetic signs, that can be taken on or off in seconds, would not necessarily eliminate a car from suspicion...

Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM

OMG THANK YOU!!! That's exactly how I felt...I wasn't breaking the law therefore whatever I was doing was none of the officer's business.

Quote:
I'd be mad that he had the nerve to pull me over in the first place (for apparently no good reason) and now he wants to have a conversation about that aint none of his business anyway? If I get pulled over, that officer better tell me why from the jump or else it will be a VERY hostile stop. And my business is none of his business.

If she had an attitude about being pulled over late at night for not a thing when all she is trying to do is go home and sleep, no sensible person can be mad at that.

Quite honestly the police here scare me more than MS-13.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Ok...so if I'm suspected of committing a crime, don't you think it makes sense to go with that line of questioning? What does where I'm going/what I'm doing/where do I live have to do with possibly being a car thief? Your argument is weaker than mine.

Quote:
I'm confused on why this would make one iota of difference? People steal cars all the time and the owner never knows until we (police) call them to ask them why it's sitting somewhere with damage or whatever. Your argument is weak.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
OMG THANK YOU!!! That's exactly how I felt...I wasn't breaking the law therefore whatever I was doing was none of the officer's business.
GASP!!! Someone other than RestonRunner agrees with Alanboy on the NoVA forum! Now Alanboy has some creditability here! NO!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia