Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 13,852 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm new to NOVA and I'm happy to find this forum.

I have a question for you guys:

I will be taking care of my first-grade son by myself for his fall semester this year but I have to work until 6:00pm, could anyone kind enough to find me some after-school program day care center which is able to pick him up after every school day finishes? My son is on the waiting list of SACC, but he will begin his new school in the begnning of this September.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 PM

262 posts, read 582,271 times
My grandson went to kindergarten at Greenbriar West and went to Fair Lakes Children's Center before and after school. They provided transportation to and from school. We were pleased with the care he got there. The teacher for the before and after school program was great. She had a great rapport with the kids and had good control over the class. We didn't see this in a few of the centers we looked into.

This was 3 years ago...and a child care center is only as good as the teachers who watch over your children. Always check out the center yourself and go with your gut feelings about the place.

You can always check with Fairfax County (or the school) about names of home based child care in your district too.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Thanks a lot, you're greatly appreciated!

Feel warm as a stranger to this new place.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:51 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
How about karate?

Don't know about GBW, but I drive a school bus and the elementary schools I operate out of always have several karate vans in the lineup picking up kids in the afternoon.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 PM

any idea about this one: Highkicks After School Martial Arts Program

Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM

309 posts, read 828,233 times
Be sure to not sign anything that locks you in for a period of time you aren't comfortable with. A friend lost big bucks after deciding she needed to remove her 2 kids from the center in South Riding.

We went to Kindercare near Chantilly HS a number of years ago. The other poster is right, visit the center, talk to the teachers and directors and go w/ your gut. Also, check the centers violations.

Child Day Care - Licensed Facilities - Virginia Department of Social Services

Old 05-31-2010, 07:24 PM

thanks a lot, Claire2900.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:13 AM

33 posts, read 72,066 times
If you have a Kindercare near you - contact them. I know they tend to be around schools and will do pick ups for after school kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia