Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,599 times

Advertisements

I need to file a complaint against an unethical mortgage broker. Where do I need to go as he has stolen money from me...I have proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 12:46 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Mortgage brokers in Indiana are licensed through the Securities Division of the Secretary of State's office. I would start there.

Secretary of State - Securities Division (http://www.in.gov/sos/securities/investmentwatch/forms.html - broken link)

Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 AM

311 posts, read 915,822 times
You also need to file a complaint with the Indiana Real Estate Commission. They would be the ones to investigate and determine the next steps to take. You can read all about the complaint process on their home page here: PLA: Indiana Real Estate Commission
I know that for most people, real estate agents rank somewhere just under lawyers and politicians, so I am extremely sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Even though its hard, please try to remember that these type of agents are few and far between, most of us work like dogs to help our clients and live by a strict code of ethics. Good luck to you in your resolution.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,070 times
Default unethical mortgage broker

GRMASTERB is correct. Secretary of State, Securities Division. Indiana Real Estate Commission has no jurisdiction in this. Sorry jodyrose.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:18 PM

425 posts, read 995,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
I know that for most people, real estate agents rank somewhere just under lawyers and politicians
Sorry - I just had to chime in on that one... in my opinion, real estate agents are *worse* than lawyers & politicians, which is why when I recently bought a house (new construction), I did it without a real estate agent.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 AM

91 posts, read 316,303 times
expatChicagoan,

There are some down right ethical agents and that I am. I do make mistakes from time to time but I have got to keep myself in check. My saying is this, "if you and your character met in a dark alley, would they know each other?"....Good one to think about!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM

141 posts, read 634,070 times
We just bought a house and our agent worked with us for 5 months. Yeah she was not perfect, and kinda lazy. BUT we got the house we wanted and when I found the house she took quick action to make sure we got it!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,081 times
I will be selling or losing my house this summer which ever comes first as a result of a constantly lying real estate agent; as well as a mortgage broker making up a fake letter for me saying i make more money than i do in order to get me a mortgage i can't afford, and making me wait until the day before i move into my newly built house to find out the ammount of my mortgage. How can people get away with this. I can't even sue anyone because I'm left without a penny. So now I'll be reluctantly renting a townhouse somewhere with my 3 kids... Isn't there anything that can be done?????

Old 06-05-2010, 07:29 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zae123 View Post
I will be selling or losing my house this summer which ever comes first as a result of a constantly lying real estate agent; as well as a mortgage broker making up a fake letter for me saying i make more money than i do in order to get me a mortgage i can't afford, and making me wait until the day before i move into my newly built house to find out the ammount of my mortgage. How can people get away with this.
Why did you let them get away with it in the first place?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 PM

17,397 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zae123 View Post
I will be selling or losing my house this summer which ever comes first as a result of a constantly lying real estate agent; as well as a mortgage broker making up a fake letter for me saying i make more money than i do in order to get me a mortgage i can't afford, and making me wait until the day before i move into my newly built house to find out the ammount of my mortgage. How can people get away with this. I can't even sue anyone because I'm left without a penny. So now I'll be reluctantly renting a townhouse somewhere with my 3 kids... Isn't there anything that can be done?????

So you have absolutely no responsibility?

Give me a break.

If this has even one iota of truth to this - if you knew you wouldn't or couldn't afford your new construction home, there was MORE than enough time during the process for you to re-evaluate the situation and walk away.

It's not like buying a pair of shoes. You don't walk into a store and walk out with a house for crying out loud.

Puh-lease. Pull this leg and it plays Jingle Bells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana