Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
I have pretty much fallen in love with Meijer's prices and organic food selection, even though its a 30 minute drive from Valpo to Lake County. But, I still really, really wish there was a Whole Foods somewhere in NWI.

I'm still surprised they haven't yet opened a location in either Orland Park or in South Bend/Mishawaka. Those wouldn't necessarily be convenient, but, it just kind of shows they haven't built out their market at the same pace as other stores. They're picky.

On their website it says this:

What NWI locations would meet, or come close to, these criteria? Hammond/Highland, or somewhere down US41? I don't think any Porter County locations would meet the 200,000 people requirement. Portage might, maybe, because Gary is close.

Whole Foods is one of the big reasons I make a special monthly trip in to Chicago (and spend money there instead of in Indiana). I think it would probably take some work by NWI mayors to get Whole Foods to consider this area, but where would it work?
My name is Donita Covington. I am writing this because I own 2 nice commercial buidings downtown Elwood, IN. I feel the Lord has spoke to me and had me to look up whole foods because i have a great interest in them and I wish we could put a store in Ewood, IN.

I feel the downtown location of the two historical buildings would be excellent. The address is 112 and 114 S. Anderson St. Elwood, IN. There is an alley on the side of one buidling where a drive thru could be established. Also the buildings are well kept with one side having 3 stories. These buildings are a must see opportunity.

Upon reading the conditions required for this I feel Elwood Indiana is a good central location and ironicaly enough Elwood IN is the Heart of Hoosierland. Which would be a great advertising tool and is centrally located from Marion, Alexandria, Anderson, Tipton, Windfall, Noblesvile, Muncie, etc.

Three states highways run through and beside Elwood. St rd 28 and St. rd. 13 and st. rd. 37.

I ask please check this out. I really feel good about it. Our city is growing fast now. We have new factory moving here and they just built an oRielys auto parts. They are paving the state highwys all around us and Noblesville and Fishers are growing our direction fast.

Thank you for your time and condsideration.
Again my name is Donita Covington and my ph. is 765.810.6421. Please check this out. I would be more than happy to show them at any time.

Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 07:34 PM

36 posts, read 65,911 times
So you want this message board to look into putting a WF in Elwood?

Huh?

Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
Elwood isn't in NWI, not even close. LOL

Old 06-21-2014, 02:23 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,416,292 times
I just found an Elwood IN on google maps, northwest of Muncie.
But Donita, I don't think anyone who can help you is going to see your post here.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,220,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
I.

I'm still surprised they haven't yet opened a location in either Orland Park or in South Bend/Mishawaka. Those wouldn't necessarily be convenient, but, it just kind of shows they haven't built out their market at the same pace as other stores. They're picky.
What NWI locations would meet, or come close to, these criteria? Hammond/Highland, or somewhere down US41? I don't think any Porter County locations would meet the 200,000 people requirement. Portage might, maybe, because Gary is close.
A Whole Foods did open in 2013 in Mishawaka, Indiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonitaCovington View Post
My name is Donita Covington. I am writing this because I own 2 nice commercial buidings downtown Elwood, IN. I feel the Lord has spoke to me and had me to look up whole foods because i have a great interest in them and I wish we could put a store in Ewood, IN.
^^^Sorry but with a population under 9000 - it wouldn't fit WF's criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana