Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

Here is a link that will contain all the information regarding the construction at LC, Protsman, and the track and Clark!

Lake Central School Corporation Projects Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM

811 posts, read 2,334,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Here is a link that will contain all the information regarding the construction at LC, Protsman, and the track and Clark!

Lake Central School Corporation Projects Report

It's been a year and a half since there's been a post on this so I thought I would share the links to the construction cam for both Lake Central High School and Protsman Elementary. Things appear to be coming along nicely and last I heard I believe the High School was supposed to be done and ready to house students at the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year.

LCHS - Construction Cam - LCHS - Client Player ... note that there are 2 tabs giving you two different angles

PES - Construction Cam - Protsman ES - Client Player

I'd also recommend you click "Time-Lapse Movie" to see the progress from start to finish.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
It's been a year and a half since there's been a post on this so I thought I would share the links to the construction cam for both Lake Central High School and Protsman Elementary. Things appear to be coming along nicely and last I heard I believe the High School was supposed to be done and ready to house students at the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year.

LCHS - Construction Cam - LCHS - Client Player ... note that there are 2 tabs giving you two different angles

PES - Construction Cam - Protsman ES - Client Player

I'd also recommend you click "Time-Lapse Movie" to see the progress from start to finish.
I completely forgot that I created this!

Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM

A few links providing recent updates and pictures on LCHS's progress:

Project updates - Two main Lake Central building projects right on schedule : Lake

Pictures- Lake Central News : Academic building and pool nearing completion

Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 AM

5 posts, read 8,994 times
Was Lake Central HS home of channel 56 many years back?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Default Update

State-of-the-art facilities await students at Lake Central High

Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM

33 posts, read 124,940 times
The new part of the school is open now when the kids go back. My daughter is a Freshman there. The school was open Friday for the kids to tour and find their new classrooms. She says it's really nice. I didn't go in to see. She said she was meeting friends, which meant she didn't want to be seen with "the old man."

Old 01-07-2014, 07:36 AM

Yeah, by all accounts, people really seem pleased and there seems to be a lot of positive feedback on the new building so far based on what I've read and people I've talked to. Looks great from the outside and will look even better when the old building finally gets demolished. Again, the main problem people had with the old building and what they wanted fixed was the issue of overcrowded halls. Well, that's most certainly been addressed as shown by this picture which is referred to as "Main Street", where the most students will be walking through...

Old 01-08-2014, 01:02 PM

33 posts, read 124,940 times
Wow! Big difference from the old halls.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 AM

Since Phase 1 of the construction at LCHS is now complete, here is a video recap/summary of the current state of the school's renovation:

Lake Central High School - Built for the Future! - YouTube

Per the Times article: "Lake Central School Corp. is now looking at the second and third phases, Superintendent Larry Veracco said. Demolition needed for the second phase should be completed in March, he said.

The second and third phases will be closely related, and all Lake Central facilities should be finished at the beginning of 2016. The second phase will include music rooms, an auditorium, offices and a new competitive gym. The third phase focuses on athletic fields. After the new gym is built, the current field house can be used for intramural competition, officials said."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
View detailed profiles of: