Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:59 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra86 View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Gary Moves Daley Privatization Deal Forward - The Northwest Indiana Gazette

Well it appears Daley wasn't getting involved to help the greater good, but once again setting up himself and his inner circle for their own gains. Obviously something needs to be done in Gary, but the people of Gary should be the ones driving this change.
What did you expect from kfw and the Democratic machine? She is a crook and always has been. Practically her entire office when she ran gue went to prison and somehow she "didn't" know.

Gary residents are so accustomed to being screwed they don't care anymore. The very low voter turnout vote for the same crooks over and over.

Wonder how it's going to work with Miller seeing as Ind dunes owns a huge chunk of Miller property and I'm sure they aren't giving up squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 09:32 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Gary makes you appreciate where you live!

Old 09-28-2016, 12:54 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times
The City just announced that they will shut down the Brunswick branch of the library.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:42 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,376,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Gary makes you appreciate where you live!
yes it does, andI LIVE there!!!!

Old 12-27-2016, 09:28 AM

128 posts, read 97,897 times
This thread makes me laugh. I live in Gary, three blocks from Edison School. Miller might as well be on the moon for most of us. Not one of those hipster studios, cafes and microbreweries in Miller have rubbed off anything of a positive nature on the rest of Gary. Not one.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,148 times
Thumbs up History of Gary's Public Schools

I have always heard from people how Gary schools were a model for schools across the country in the "early days" but most folks would only speak more on just how "kids were better behaved" and "teachers actually cared" and even as far as to speak on how it was better demographically.

This is the first article that I have seen where I have a much clearer understanding of how the school system was back then! I also just might by that book written by Ron Cohen!

Gary's early schools set standard for education

Old 01-20-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve&Adam View Post
This thread makes me laugh. I live in Gary, three blocks from Edison School. Miller might as well be on the moon for most of us. Not one of those hipster studios, cafes and microbreweries in Miller have rubbed off anything of a positive nature on the rest of Gary. Not one.

Miller is like 15%of the population but provides probably more than half of the real estate taxes collected in the city...surely that's a positive for the city?

Old 01-26-2018, 01:40 PM

128 posts, read 97,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Miller is like 15%of the population but provides probably more than half of the real estate taxes collected in the city...surely that's a positive for the city?
Is that a fact or are you just guessing?

Old 04-21-2018, 02:24 PM

32 posts, read 30,460 times
Default Good to hear!

I think Gary has much potential from what I have seen and read. I'd love to see it become just a nice, affordable place to live for all people. What I would hate to see is developers swoop in, buy up the properties, renovate and charge mega prices. This is what is happening in my areas in the northeast, and why I'm considering a move to the Midwest.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:42 PM

Drove down Broadway from 45th....whole street isbeing repaved and lined with quite tall impressive lightpoles. A massive mega improvement all the way to IUN. I hope the visual improvement leads to more private inveatment.

If you are in area...make the detour...a huge change in feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana