Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:20 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,488,415 times

Advertisements

I am starting this thread so that development within the city of Hammond can be discussed. As large as this city is, there wasn't really one thread that focused on development within this city.

I will start by posting an article about the Parrish View subdivision. This subdivision was actually developed several years ago but the development was stagnant for the past few years. The homes were largely built by Steiner Homes Ltd and are as good of quality as homes that they have built in other areas of NWI. Now, Homes of Distinction has built a couple high-quality homes. When you drive into this development--surrounded by a fence--you would never think you are right in the middle of an urban area.

I think Hammond should continue to look for Brownfield areas that can be redeveloped into housing developments such as this subdivision.

Hammond celebrates new homes construction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Default Update

Hopefully this gets some quality tenants soon:

Hammond hopes legal move will spur development at Gateway Promenade

Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Default Update

Munster Steel breaks ground on new facility in Hammond

Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Just curious NWI, are you old enough to remember downtown Hammond in it's heyday?

(Really has nothing to do w/ nothing but, like I said, just curious!)

Old 10-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Just curious NWI, are you old enough to remember downtown Hammond in it's heyday?

(Really has nothing to do w/ nothing but, like I said, just curious!)
Lol, not even close! I can say that most of the posters on here are old enough to be my parents or at minimum, an older cousin. I am part of the Under 30 crowd! 😁

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,078 times
It sad you have to be in your fifties to remember the northern part of the county thriving. I'm 39 and I have never seen really good times at all for Hammond and Gary. They have always struggled to those of us younger then that.

I don't see that changing anytime soon either. They may make little steps, but then there is back stepping that prevents things from truly improving.

The political process prevents things from getting better. Until that changes things will limp along like it has for the LAST forty five years or so. We have far too many crooks and insiders in public office, and they ain't going anywhere anytime soon. When you got a mayor putting a convicted felon into a high rank in the police department you know nothing has changed. When will voters finally break their bad habits and do some term limits? Either that and more of them are fitted with orange jump suits. So many of them should be doing jail terms, not office terms.

Sorry end of rant

Old 10-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Default Update

Has anyone every had one of their sandwiches? It is nice that a new chain is entering the market. And also that they are planning the first TWO locations in Hammond! Now we just have to wait and see exactly where in the city. I am betting Downtown & Hessville, or Woodmar & Hessville.

Erbert & Gerbert’s coming to Hammond

Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 AM

Default Update

I think this is good redevelopment of this site. I just hope that the buildings are good quality and not just the typical slapped together strip mally look...I know Hammond is offering a lot of incentives, but I think they can still demand some architecturally integrity in the projects...the question is, will they? Either way, good news!

Buffalo Wild Wings, Hampton Inn coming to Hammond's Oxbow Landing

Old 11-16-2014, 05:08 PM

Default Update

The Buffalo Wild Wings location is nearing completion and in my opinion, it is the nicest looking location in NWI.

Flossmoor Brewery is no longer happening at Oxbow Landing but a new brewery is being proposed and appears to be much more likely to happen, according to this article, due to financing being secured.

New brewery in works for Oxbow Landing

Old 12-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Default Update

Putting aside my disdain for Planet Fitness , I am glad to see this development becoming more filled in.

Planet Fitness taking shape at old Kmart building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana