Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 10:55 AM

277 posts, read 442,624 times

Advertisements

Cear Lake annexation proposal draws mixed reviews

I love that Cedar Lake is trying to capitalize on the Illiana Tollway by annexing the land along its path. Seeing this really solidifies one of the main reasons I chose the location of my new home.

Wicker Avenue (US 41) is a big hub for a lot of flow for commuters to get to the Tri-City Area. Opening the Illiana to the South Suburbs of Chicago will no doubt increase traffic flow onto 41 on their way through Cedar Lake. The growth possibilities along this part of the corridor will no doubt develop - but much of that area (especially directly adjacent to the proposed route) is currently in Lowell.

By changing this to Cedar Lake - I love that the city should be able to capitalize on the tax dollars that will no doubt come into play with this inevitable development.

I understand the 'complaints' from a few of the homes that are along this route - but at the same time, the development of the corridor will be coming no matter who owns the land. This is an extremely great opportunity to put the extended Water Infrastructure into play that already has been pushed to 41 to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 AM

Federal Approval makes this 99% happening now.

Illiana Corridor—Partnering for Progress: Information Center

Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Lowell moving forward with Annexation too. Seems to be moving forward even though the Illiana isn't.

I'm happy they're continuing their master plan despite the uncertainty. As long as "soft Annex's" are available to the farmers, I see this as a huge step to making things a little more organized.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...cf7603681.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
View detailed profiles of: