Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM

15 posts, read 55,405 times

Advertisements

Yes. If you live in Indiana and do not get an Indiana DL, and plates, then it's every Hoosier's business. Afterall, why should you get out of taxes, as stupid as they are, when everyone else here has to pay?

Tom T. Rriffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvindiana View Post
Hello
The office ladies are down right rude.Told me after I moved in 6 months I should say after being here I didnt have my Indiana DL so they turned me in to the local police?? Its that any of there buisness??? T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,038 times
my son currently goes to ready and at the end of his third gade year last year a black id that lives in the mansards punched a white kid in the head for no reason then he contimued to punch him until the teacher could go and get some help. in his class last year there was 13 black kids and 8 white kids. almost all classes in that school the whites are the minority

Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 5,157 times
Angry You can access info on the Mansards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I have been away from NW indiana for a long time. When I lived in Glen Park The Mansards over in Griffith were "the place" to live. I have seen in a few posts that they are bad now. What do y'all mean by that? just curiousI.
October 07, 2009 12:00 am GRIFFITH |Police: Mansards murder not a random act Investigators continue to search for the person or persons who slashed a Griffith man's neck in a violent Sunday night homicide
July 22, 2011 4:00 pm Two in custody, one man dead, after Griffith shooting leads to police pursuit.GRIFFITH | Authorities have identified the man killed Friday in a shooting outside the Mansards Apartments that launched a police pursuit through three region communities.

Just google it and read it for yourself. The residents all have Illinois plates and refuse to change to Indiana. Senior citizens don't feel safe. The Mansards are section 8

Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks1229 View Post
my son currently goes to ready and at the end of his third gade year last year a black id that lives in the mansards punched a white kid in the head for no reason then he contimued to punch him until the teacher could go and get some help. in his class last year there was 13 black kids and 8 white kids. almost all classes in that school the whites are the minority

I use to live in Gary back in the 70's beautiful city no crime schools were respected as a learning place.
Now, I see the pattern that is happening here in Griffith. These kids are not there to learn they are there to be a nuisance. I questioned why Griffith schools allow this. This kid should have been thrown out of the school. Alot of the kids that come from the Mansards have angry issues and if you call out on them all hell breaks. We as parents need to protest and take back our schools and community. I personally feel that the Mansards need to be shut down.I just learned that these apartments are section 8 housing.
Why? We should be taking care of our veterans instead.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Default get with the program

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomterriffic View Post
Yes. If you live in Indiana and do not get an Indiana DL, and plates, then it's every Hoosier's business. Afterall, why should you get out of taxes, as stupid as they are, when everyone else here has to pay?

Tom T. Rriffic

No more free rides. If you live in Indiana then you have license and plates that read I-N-D-I-A-N-A.
YES, HOOSIERS ARE NOISY. we take pride where we live and WE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD OF RESEARCHED THAT. BUT THAT IS OK SOONER OR LATER YOUR CAR WILL HAVE INDIANA PLATES/ LICENSE. THANKS TO THE POLICE CRACKING DOWN ON THIS
YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! Oh, if I do see a resident who resides in INDIANA for quite some time with ILLnois plates. I will be reporting yaIt is our duty as citizens. We are the ears and eyes for the police.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless2012 View Post
No more free rides. If you live in Indiana then you have license and plates that read I-N-D-I-A-N-A.
YES, HOOSIERS ARE NOISY. we take pride where we live and WE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD OF RESEARCHED THAT. BUT THAT IS OK SOONER OR LATER YOUR CAR WILL HAVE INDIANA PLATES/ LICENSE. THANKS TO THE POLICE CRACKING DOWN ON THIS
YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! Oh, if I do see a resident who resides in INDIANA for quite some time with ILLnois plates. I will be reporting yaIt is our duty as citizens. We are the ears and eyes for the police.

things are done differently here in the HOOSIER state. Illinois may not care but we do

Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Dragging up a four year old post to complain?

BTW-I grew up near Gary in the 70s and had family that lived there. To say there was no crime then is plain wrong.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 AM

5 posts, read 4,561 times
The Mansards got a name change, they are called Park West by now in mid-2019. On the whole, he entire area views the complex as no good. It's been said the name change means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana