U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,100,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
The list looks promising! I would love to have a Mariano's close by as well as a Burlington Coat Factory!
There's a spot for a grocer and hopefully it will be Mariano's. There isn't space for a place as big as Burlington and they probably would not want to pay the type of rent required to lease space in that development. The rates aren't cheap and most of the tenants will probably be closer to the upper end of things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 02:53 PM

435 posts, read 384,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Aside from Spring Hill Suites, here is a press release from Metro Commercial Real Estate about the first new tenant of Centennial Village!

Metro arranges Lease to Kitaro in Munster, IN

I see only good things happening from here! There should be an article soon in the Times!

Looking at their retail/restaurant tenant representation list, NWI already has about 20 of the 37 represented with at least 10-15 of those 20 being in the immediate area. However, they clearly are not limited to just representing those tenants and many of the developments they are leasing for have attracted or already have very desirable tenants (e.g. Apple Store, Mariano's, Whole Foods, etc.).
Good on getting Kitaro. Much better than Outback. Will definitely try Kitaro out. Need more of this type of tenant that is unique to the market.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:38 AM

158 posts, read 240,105 times
Quote:
There's a spot for a grocer and hopefully it will be Mariano's. There isn't space for a place as big as Burlington and they probably would not want to pay the type of rent required to lease space in that development. The rates aren't cheap and most of the tenants will probably be closer to the upper end of things.
Definitely hope it's Mariano's, too. The shopping experience there is awesome.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Default El Salto

El Salto to relocate Munster restaurant to Centennial Village

I think this is a very smart move on their end! While it is not my favorite Mexican restaurant in the area, it is still decent and has a good atmosphere. Things can only improve for them with this move and with the hotel right there, business should be sure to boom with all the foot traffic! I am curious as to what may go in place of El Salto at the old town hall..

Old 04-14-2017, 08:24 AM

158 posts, read 240,105 times
Quote:
El Salto to relocate Munster restaurant to Centennial Village

I think this is a very smart move on their end! While it is not my favorite Mexican restaurant in the area, it is still decent and has a good atmosphere. Things can only improve for them with this move and with the hotel right there, business should be sure to boom with all the foot traffic! I am curious as to what may go in place of El Salto at the old town hall..
@Northwest Indiana What is your favorite Mexican restaurant? And why do you think it won't open in Centennial Village?

Old 04-14-2017, 10:03 PM

435 posts, read 384,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
@Northwest Indiana What is your favorite Mexican restaurant? And why do you think it won't open in Centennial Village?
Can't speak for NWI - but I love the food at Memo's. El Salto is good too though and I like it better than any of the Mexican restaurants on US 41.

IMO, Uncle Julio's would have been a good get but I will take El Salto. Nice to see a local company join the development and upgrade. Patio will be great for them.

As to what will happen to the old El Salto space, the joke I like to make is "medical office" b/c there is too much of that already in town (not paying property taxes). But it would be a cool place for a pub or artsy cafe type of place b/c the historic nature of the building gives it an authentic "cool" factor. El Salto didn't really capitalize on that.

As to your question about having another Mexican restaurant at Centennial Village, oftentimes when leases are signed there are "exclusive use" clauses which are added to protect existing tenants against too much direct competition. If they were smart, they negotiated this as part of the lease.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 AM

35 posts, read 55,919 times
I always thought old town hall would be a great spot for a brewery. But unless the upstairs portion is included, it's probably not big enough.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I always thought old town hall would be a great spot for a brewery. But unless the upstairs portion is included, it's probably not big enough.
That would be a perfect idea especially with the history of the building. "Old Town Hall Brewery".

Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 PM

274 posts, read 394,278 times
Quote:
That would be a perfect idea especially with the history of the building. "Old Town Hall Brewery".
Sounds like you should be a contributing investor I have a friend that is opening a new venture down in Lowell. Maybe I should tell him to reconsider the choice in location.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:10 PM

9 posts, read 8,303 times
Hello all! The Linden Group Achitects page on instagram has posted new renderings of the development. However MetroCRE has remkved all of the lstings from their site so we don't know what tennants have signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana