U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:46 PM

813 posts, read 2,839,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
This building looks great! In addition to the professional offices there, I also think a small Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts would do excellent!

Source: Plans for Lake County Government Complex property would mean new 'gateway' to Crown Point
Looks pretty good. Rare good decision on the part of the county (to sell the property).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 03:15 PM

283 posts, read 474,820 times
I think it certainly looks great, but I also want to see the proposed site plan. Personally, I'd like to see them plan out the open space between the county complex and Main in a way that is integrated with the county complex...not just trying to obscure it. In an ideal world, we'd get something that blends Centennial Village with the downtown CP court house square, that is both more urban, creates a destination, and uses the county center as a major centerpiece and landmark (both as the primary destination and the primary source of patrons for whatever retail could located there. Even if it has to be thought of as a phased approach over several decades.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:03 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,102,113 times
Exclamation New Hotel Development & Subdivision Development Close to I-65 & 109th

Just northwest of I-65 and 109th in the Beacon Hill area, Crown Point will be getting its first hotel:

Hampton Inn moving into Crown Point

Still no more word on the Crown Point Galleria project. Seems like more attention will eventually be towards the Fountains of Crown Point project off I-65 & 231 (northwest corner) especially since Olthof’s Brighton development and Hamilton Square have really been filling in. If the Diocese of Gary proceeds with building a new Andrean in the proposed development just southeast of I-65 & 231, that would be a game changer and would definitely be a boon for the Fountains project. But we shall see.

In other news, another subdivision is likely going to go up just southeast of I-65 & 109th:

New subdivision on 109th Avenue gets Crown Point BZA's nod

If the subdivision is ultimately approved, then this will leave the southwestern and northwestern quadrants of the I-65 & 109th corridor to be developed.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:05 AM

274 posts, read 394,512 times
I read a quote by a resident that Crown Point's decision to approve yet more subdivisions is partially based on Andrean potentially coming to 231/I-65. I'm unsure the source and/or credibility. Apparently they're 'banking' on the idea that more residents will send their children to Andrean when it's in a better location (new facility) which will free up the overcrowding that's already felt in the Crown Point Schools.

While I don't find it responsible to approve on assumptions (I mean, the Diocese hasn't even pulled the official trigger yet...) it does correspond with Trump's recent push to pull money from the public school sector and develop the new budget putting more emphasis on the private school sector.

I wouldn't be surprised if I heard expansion ideas for Crown Point Christian and other private schools in the near future should all this turn out to be correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e4f_story.html

Being the election year, there's a lot of things up in the air on all these grand ideas. Makes for some fingers crossed scenarios.

The other alternative is the obvious Winfield Middle School and High School projects to actually come to be drawing a hard line using I-65 to round out the new boundary.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:44 PM

253 posts, read 334,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iidreamtheaterii View Post
I read a quote by a resident that Crown Point's decision to approve yet more subdivisions is partially based on Andrean potentially coming to 231/I-65. I'm unsure the source and/or credibility. Apparently they're 'banking' on the idea that more residents will send their children to Andrean when it's in a better location (new facility) which will free up the overcrowding that's already felt in the Crown Point Schools.

While I don't find it responsible to approve on assumptions (I mean, the Diocese hasn't even pulled the official trigger yet...) it does correspond with Trump's recent push to pull money from the public school sector and develop the new budget putting more emphasis on the private school sector.

I wouldn't be surprised if I heard expansion ideas for Crown Point Christian and other private schools in the near future should all this turn out to be correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e4f_story.html

Being the election year, there's a lot of things up in the air on all these grand ideas. Makes for some fingers crossed scenarios.

The other alternative is the obvious Winfield Middle School and High School projects to actually come to be drawing a hard line using I-65 to round out the new boundary.
They wouldn't use I-65 as the boundary. Colorado Street is the boundary between Center and Winfield Township and that would be the line most likely. Down the road I could see Winfield Middle School and Winfield High School. The Winfield Tigers sounds good to me. Of course Winfield Warriors would make sense, but with the movement away from Native names, Tigers flows well.

CPHS will be over 3000 kids pretty soon and I just don't see them continuing to keep adding on. A Winfield HS of 1200-1800 kids down the road would make sense to me.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:58 PM

253 posts, read 334,108 times
It's still really desirable. I love driving through Crown Point and Winfield to look at the new subdivisions being built. Tons of young families with kids, both school age and those not even school age yet. A lot of Illinois demand of course, plus demand from places further north in Lake County, and I would imagine many completely new to the area pick Crown Point/Winfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana