Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 2,521 times

Advertisements

I was thinking that the Coach USA Super Saver bus was the way to go and had planned to take that, but then read some of the yelp reviews and they were brutal! I'm not sure if that means this is a bad service or if people tend to only post negative reviews on these sites. Does anyone have experience taking this bus? Are their lots safe to leave your car at for a few days. I'm in LaPorte county and could either drive to Michigan City, Portage, or Highland.

Another thought that crossed my mind was South Shore to the blue line but it seems like more of a hassle than it's worth.

Also considering driving to O'Hare (should not be bad considering it's an early afternoon flight) or perhaps parking at one of the hotel lots around the airport (i.e. https://www.parksleepfly.com/)

What would you all recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 05:13 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff72 View Post
I was thinking that the Coach USA Super Saver bus was the way to go and had planned to take that, but then read some of the yelp reviews and they were brutal! I'm not sure if that means this is a bad service or if people tend to only post negative reviews on these sites. Does anyone have experience taking this bus? Are their lots safe to leave your car at for a few days. I'm in LaPorte county and could either drive to Michigan City, Portage, or Highland.

Another thought that crossed my mind was South Shore to the blue line but it seems like more of a hassle than it's worth.

Also considering driving to O'Hare (should not be bad considering it's an early afternoon flight) or perhaps parking at one of the hotel lots around the airport (i.e. https://www.parksleepfly.com/)

What would you all recommend?

May not cost all that much more to just call a limo service (especially if you have more then one person going). They come pick you up at home, help with your bags and you can leave your car in the garage at home.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:15 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
The car lots are safe at O'Hare to leave your vehicle there. My DH travels a lot for work and sometimes leaves his truck there for up to 2 weeks. It has never been broken into and security does drive the lots. Otherwise I also suggest taking a limo a it should be economical.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:41 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Drive and park in the economy Lot, Specifically Parking Lot G, which is $10 a day. There are frequent shuttle buses that will take you across the street to the airport train, which will drop you off at your terminal. If you don't mind paying a little more ($17 per day), then you can park at Lot E, where you can walk directly to the airport train. The train runs every 10 minutes.

Lots are safe, I use them all the time. Give yourself some extra time the first time you try this since it will be a little confusing to navigate, but after you do it a few times, you'll know exactly where to go.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pa...!4d-87.8871267

Old 02-24-2018, 11:43 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
The OP isn't asking about O'Hare lots. She/He is asking about the bus lots.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 2,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Drive and park in the economy Lot, Specifically Parking Lot G, which is $10 a day. There are frequent shuttle buses that will take you across the street to the airport train, which will drop you off at your terminal. If you don't mind paying a little more ($17 per day), then you can park at Lot E, where you can walk directly to the airport train. The train runs every 10 minutes.

Lots are safe, I use them all the time. Give yourself some extra time the first time you try this since it will be a little confusing to navigate, but after you do it a few times, you'll know exactly where to go.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pa...!4d-87.8871267

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
The car lots are safe at O'Hare to leave your vehicle there. My DH travels a lot for work and sometimes leaves his truck there for up to 2 weeks. It has never been broken into and security does drive the lots. Otherwise I also suggest taking a limo a it should be economical.

Thanks. Might try this next time. Almost parked there but instead parked at a nearby hotel (without having to stay there) and they had a shuttle to the airport. There was a charge but it was reasonable.

Went to https://www.parksleepfly.com

The bus from NWI would have been convenient but I read too many recent bad reviews online, seems the company is going through some changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana