Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 11:13 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times

Advertisements

How long have you been in n Miller. Bought my place a decade ago when Miller was super cheap. My place has gone up 5x in value since I purchased it.

I am friends with Gary's top real estate agent and he told me that EVERY neighborhood in Gary has set record sales prices for flipped homes.

Did you read the article I linked? NWI has not been this vibrant since the 60's. It is a historic shift in energy for what was one of the country's most distressed regions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 12:07 PM

52 posts, read 24,212 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISajeWJ3Cts

Move over Chicago, here comes Gary.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:01 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
In fact....I will go so far as to predict....

Within a decade you will start to hear Chicago-Gary Metro more and more as Indiana continues to boom.

Northwest Indiana 's rise will actually benefit the City way more than Lake/McHenry/Kane/Will/DuPage do.....

The South Shore Line from Millennium Station all the way to South Bend will become Chicagoland's closest approximation to a European/Asian train corridor

IMHO
Chicago-Gary is already sometimes listed as the metro. So is Chicago-Naperville. And Chicago-Elgin-Joliet.

There are some growing areas in NWI for sure, as it's more affordable and taxes are lower, but it will never overtake DuPage or Lake County as the epicenter or the "it" place to live for upper middle class suburbanites.

Maybe just take the fact it's an improving area without making outlandish claims?

Old 01-01-2024, 09:55 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Chicago-Gary is already sometimes listed as the metro. So is Chicago-Naperville. And Chicago-Elgin-Joliet.

There are some growing areas in NWI for sure, as it's more affordable and taxes are lower, but it will never overtake DuPage or Lake County as the epicenter or the "it" place to live for upper middle class suburbanites.

Maybe just take the fact it's an improving area without making outlandish claims?

I'm a futurist. These claims aren't outlandish. Revisit this thread in a decade and NWI will remain the growth leader of Chicagoland. Illinois' dysfunction and ridiculous taxes aren't going away anytime soon.

And Indiana is hardly at risk of woke bankruptcy vis-a-vis Illinois. NWI has 8,000,000 potential future residents.

Downtown Hammond nd will be hardly recognizable in the complex coming years.

https://www.cnu.org/publicsquare/202...focus-urbanism

Michigan City is on the Cusp of nearly half a billion dollars in downtown development.

https://www.insideindianabusiness.co...or-development

The entire region is progressing. Again, it is a definite plus for Chicago to share a border with a fiscally sane state.

Last edited by midwest1; 01-01-2024 at 10:06 PM..

Old 01-02-2024, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I'm a futurist. These claims aren't outlandish. Revisit this thread in a decade and NWI will remain the growth leader of Chicagoland. Illinois' dysfunction and ridiculous taxes aren't going away anytime soon.

And Indiana is hardly at risk of woke bankruptcy vis-a-vis Illinois. NWI has 8,000,000 potential future residents.

Downtown Hammond nd will be hardly recognizable in the complex coming years.

https://www.cnu.org/publicsquare/202...focus-urbanism

Michigan City is on the Cusp of nearly half a billion dollars in downtown development.

https://www.insideindianabusiness.co...or-development

The entire region is progressing. Again, it is a definite plus for Chicago to share a border with a fiscally sane state.
Ah, there it is. Your POV makes total sense now. I should have known - this is the case almost every time. A couple of probing questions and it always comes out.

Every once in awhile we get these kinds of posters that boost NWI because they hate Illinois politics.

Old 01-02-2024, 07:22 AM

Quote:
NWI has 8,000,000 potential future residents.

No outlandish claims, you say??

Old 01-02-2024, 08:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Kmanshouse, I shall make it as potential future resident # 8,000,001

Old 01-02-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Kmanshouse, I shall make it as potential future resident # 8,000,001
Of Northwest Indiana? That doesn't seem like you Jay.

Old 01-02-2024, 08:54 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Kmanshouse, I only wanted to do it to prove a point, because you doubted midwest1's claim.

Happy New Year!

P.S. Yesterday I drove through the old neighborhood of Lincoln Square and was able to enjoy a little meal at Barba Yanni's and enjoy seeing all the lights along the street.

Old 01-02-2024, 09:47 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,398,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Ah, there it is. Your POV makes total sense now. I should have known - this is the case almost every time. A couple of probing questions and it always comes out.

Every once in awhile we get these kinds of posters that boost NWI because they hate Illinois politics.
LOL what even is a "woke bankruptcy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana