Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 AM

11 posts, read 41,577 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me why there are so many houses for sale in Crown Point? My Husband and I are looking to relocate to the area, and everything (in our price range) is in Crown Point. I expected to find nothing in Munster and a couple other cities because of our price range, but we are having no luck really anywhere. Is the town getting bad? Or is it just our price range?
How is Crown Point? HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:07 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
I think it's more economy driven than anything else at this point. Crown Point boomed during the NINA load period. Probably a combination of people losing their jobs/relocating because of a job transfer and ARMs coming due ...

Old 12-29-2008, 08:23 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Crown Point is a desirable area with good schools. But for Crown Point schools you MUST be very specific in your searches - there are parts of Crown Point in Ross Township that are a part of the Merrillville School District.

There really isn't anything wrong with the town - simply more sellers than buyers at this point.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM

Thanks for your input. It has really been the only town we have been able to find much in, within our price range.
Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slol9056 View Post
Thanks for your input. It has really been the only town we have been able to find much in, within our price range.
Thanks for the help!!!!

Have you checked out St. John? There is lots of new construction that seems reasonably priced.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM

328 posts, read 726,111 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me why there are so many houses for sale in Crown Point? My Husband and I are looking to relocate to the area, and everything (in our price range) is in Crown Point. I expected to find nothing in Munster and a couple other cities because of our price range, but we are having no luck really anywhere. Is the town getting bad? Or is it just our price range?
My Mother-in-Law lives there and loves it. It a very nice town.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 AM
pcg

98 posts, read 377,250 times
Quote:

Right now there are a lot of houses for sale everywhere. We have had our house for sale since April 2008. I have seen very few homes sold. What is your price range?

Old 01-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Nothing much over the 200 range. We actually have put in an offer on a beautiful house, but no word yet. We will see.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM

51 posts, read 169,279 times
My parents live in Crown Point and really love the town. The town is a great place to raise a family and has gone through a major revitalization with the Broadway development, new high school, and soon to be revitalized downtown area and 231/65 corridor. In short the town is safe, has great schools, and a great reputation

In the recent years, the town has experienced a large surge in growth. Due to a combination of the surge in growth and housing bubble, I believe the builders in the area got ahead of the market with housing stock. In particular, the Winfield area of Crown Point experienced a huge number of new developments that have a large number of homes remaining on the market due to the housing bubble bust. Therefore, I don't think the number of homes on the market is due to a lack of desireability but just a need for the housing market to readjust to current market conditions.

I think a home in Crown Point is a great investment and expect the local market to improve within the next 1 to 2 years. Therefore, take advantage of the lower than usual home prices to make a good investment for you and your husband.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 AM

15 posts, read 57,398 times
Check out St. John. We live here and love it, but are getting ready to sell because my husband is getting transfered to Indy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana