Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,383 times

Advertisements

My husband is turning thirty this May and I am scrounging for ideas to make his birthday memorable. He is extremely hard to buy for so I was thinking of more of an event as opposed to gifts. He's not necessarily a guy's guy and finds more enjoyment in art, culture, travel, etc. I was entertaining the thought of a birthday party but rental halls are pretty expensive. Other ideas I had were a day trip to Chicago or a trip to Saugatuck, MI (which our annual anniversary location), but I have to keep in mind expenses as well as making it a grand event. As a resident of NW Indiana we have been hit extremely hard with tough economic times recently so money is pretty tight. However, I will do whatever I can to make sure this milestone birthday is something he wont soon forget.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I've come up with a few ideas but not sure what would be best. Also, if anyone has any information regarding possible cheap rental facilities that are local, that would be a huge help.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 14,882 times
I think you should save up a little money and do a day trip. My anniversary is today with my hubby and yesterday he took me to toledo to spend the day as a surprise gift. I couldn't have been any happier. It was so special to me cause he took all that time to plan it and research fun places for us to go. I'm a huge animal lover so we spent the majority of the day at the zoo (which is why he picked toledo, their zoo is pretty nice). Later on he took me to lake eerie where we watched the sun start to set. It was an all around great day and so special to me. he couldn't have given me a better gift. I don't know your husband's likes or dislikes but I think it would be a GREAT present. Pick somewhere you know he'd like, research fun things to do that you know he'd enjoy. It's so worth it and so much fun. It's always nice to get away. If you need any help researching places or anything send me a message. My man takes me away at least once a year so I have a lot of travel info that might help.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,829 times
Are you looking for something with a group of friends? Whirlyball in Chicago is a blast! The last time we went there they offered package deals and you could have everyone chip in their costs. WhirlyBall You and your husband could go up early and walk around the city and go to the Hancock observatory before everyone else meets to play.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Is he into architecture? A day trip to tour the Frank L Wright homes outside of Chicago? Im a fan, hence my name Falling Water Or maybe some of the art museums in Chicago offer some sort of special birthday event. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana