Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 AM

44 posts, read 136,556 times

Advertisements

And here's why.(Ok I can't complain too much at least we do have a half you know what bus service in Hammond).But still it sucks(most of the time).Really the actual route that I take is rarely if ever on time.But yet there are no detours on that route.Ok understandable that stops have to be made but just wears on a person's nerves when you're sitting at walmart noodling around practically wondering "will I ever get home?" waiting for a bus.Am I blaming the drivers um no,well yes...actually no.Am I blaming the people who get on/off the bus..no.What am I doing? I'm complaining about the bus service,the lateness and how sometimes it just really makes me say Public Transportation SUCKS...but again at least we have it.

Anyone else have complaints about the HTS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklette91 View Post
And here's why.(Ok I can't complain too much at least we do have a half you know what bus service in Hammond).But still it sucks(most of the time).Really the actual route that I take is rarely if ever on time.But yet there are no detours on that route.Ok understandable that stops have to be made but just wears on a person's nerves when you're sitting at walmart noodling around practically wondering "will I ever get home?" waiting for a bus.Am I blaming the drivers um no,well yes...actually no.Am I blaming the people who get on/off the bus..no.What am I doing? I'm complaining about the bus service,the lateness and how sometimes it just really makes me say Public Transportation SUCKS...but again at least we have it.

Let's see, where I live we don't have a bus service. Taxis refuse to drive this far. So, I'd like to complain, too. As in, we have no freaking public transportation at all.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Ya I guess have it poorly is better than not having it at all,though I don't know who is to blame for HTS being like crap it'd be perfectly nice if the buses came when they are supposed to

Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM

Public Transportation officially sucks COMPLETELY!! (Ok at least the actual buses do!!) Was stuck on a bus for I don't know how long today because the door was stuck,the was half-way fixxed then we switched buses altogether...I need a car SOOONN!!!

Ok that was my little rant.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
It's a crying shame that all our old school buses get shipped off to Mexico and Central America where private enterprise runs the bus system. No public transit! Private enterprise does it all, and beautifully well done!

Down there, they repaint our old school buses in flamboyant colors with a stereo system and they compete with one another. There, you need not be at a bus stop, just hold out your hand along the street, and they stop. Need to get off? Just say Stop and they stop, not just at bus stops. And along the way, vendors climb aboard, trying to sell you anything from fried chicken, sandwiches, candy, pharmaceutical products, razor blades, you name it!
It's truly fun to ride the buses in Central America. And I've never had to wait but a few minutes for another bus to come along. The most luxuriest bus system in the world.

And then for the really, really poor, there's pick-ups prowling the streets looking for passengers. Climb aboard the pick-up, hang on for dear life to a pole, and away you go! With the wind blasting your body, feels really great on a hot day!

So why not just scrap the public transportation buses, turn it all over to private enterprise. Save those old school buses. Don't let another one go south of the Border. See all those big pick-ups prowling the streets of your city? Turn a few of them over to public transit!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
Did you get impacted, or trapped, by the fire coming out of the manholes? I saw pictures much later. I can just see the total panic on the bus.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM

Nah lol.I just think it's funny when I'm on a bus with a ride that takes 20 minutes then since the door wouldn't open some lady was trying to get on,thought it was quite funny when the driver yells threw the window 5 fricken times "shop is in route" and the moron lady outside the bus kept thinking she was being told "Chop is in route",who or what the hell chop is I couldn't tell ya.No firey panic or nothing like that just a few annoyed people wanting to get where they are going waiting on a grouchy scruff dude to fix the door which was an epic fail,then we waited...annd waited for another bus.

Oh so fun

Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM

I would recommend ANYTHING over Northwest Indiana,hell I'd rather be living in Orlando Flordia,or Amsterdam over Northwest Indiana but right now I'm stuck,with no money,no RELIABLE transportation,and a crappy job.

Life sucks(2 minutes ago I just posted on myspace that life is Great!)...Interesting

Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,369 times
I live in Greensboro NC and the bus system is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY toooooo overcrowded. Unfortunately, I have to ride the city bus too school. We also have a HEAT bus that takes students directly to the school but if you're not standing at the bus stop an hour early and also willing to throw elbows and shuv people out of your way, then you are not getting on that bus. The first day of school i tried to get a ride on this HEAT bus and the bus driver would not let the last 10 of us even on the bus. So I waited on city transit. On the city transit bus you also need to be at the depot (bus stop) early to get a seat. On average, they pile 65-80 people on a 30-seat bus. It is January and the heat on the bus is unbearable. We are standing shoulder to shoulder. I get very clostrophobic also. Today my leg was itching and i could not even scratch it because it was so packed chest to back. People smell. They are loud, yelling, music blasting and we have to ride like that for about 40 minutes until we get to the connector bus where EVERYONE flies off the bus and onto the next bus where we do the same for about 30 more minutes. It is every man for himself. I am in my second semester of college and I just cannot stand it. Today I got off at the 2nd available bus stop on the way to school. I didnt go. I just couldnt take it today. And I've already missed 2 days of school from not being let on the bus because of overcrowding last week. Yea, at least we have public transportation but man, this is ridiculous. Im so dissapointed that I gave up today but sometimes I just cannot take it. Hopefully I can make it thru the rest of the semester. I dont know if it has always been like this in the past or not. It seems that everyone is going to school. All the classes are packed and seats filled but i still feel that the city transit authority should work out something to make it easier to get to and from school. By far, the worst part of school is not the work, studying, class or any of that. The only bad thing is getting to and from there.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,488,415 times
Default You said it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklette91 View Post

AWESOME POST!!! I think that the NWITS (Northwest Indiana Transit System) is terrible...want to know why? BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST YET!! lol......but on a more serious note, not only does the HTS have problems, but the NICTD (South Shore) has some issues including the lack of a line to serve southern Lake county...it is a crying shame that on the Illinois side, the rail lines and bus systems are so extensive and they keep expanding whereas on the Indiana side, we have just one commuter line and then people make it seem like Hell on Earth when there are talks about expanding the lines.....Some people say "public transit of any sort bring in bad elements"........those people have obviously not been to Naperville, Hinsdale, or even Winnetka, Glencoe, or any of the prestigious Illinois suburbs that were built AROUND public transit. So I ask them "Where are the bad elements there??".....and till this day, I receive no answer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana