Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 38,759 times

Advertisements

I hate the racist media the way they keep bringing up child molestation charges trying to smear his name and his reputation. Remember, Michael Jackson was found innocent of all charges. Remember: How stupid the media looked. Remember: Not Guilty. Remember: The spanish woman was caught in a bunch of lies and trying to blackmail Michael for money. DO YOU REMEMBER? LOL. I laughed so hard at the media when they were all covering the Michael Jackson trial, they thought they would have Michael Jackson for sure. The jury came back with a not guilty and I screamed and laughed and me and my friends we all laughed at the media. They all looked like a bunch of fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 07:24 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epeaches View Post
I hate the racist media the way they keep bringing up child molestation charges trying to smear his name and his reputation. Remember, Michael Jackson was found innocent of all charges. Remember: How stupid the media looked. Remember: Not Guilty.
He was found "not guilty", not found "innocent". Same as OJ; he was never declared "innocent".

Although perhaps you think he was innocent as well?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:08 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
He was found "not guilty", not found "innocent". Same as OJ; he was never declared "innocent".

Although perhaps you think he was innocent as well?
Let's not also forget that in an interview soon after the trial he stated that he thought it was a loving thing to share your bed with a child. True, he was acquitted of the criminal charges, but it was clear that the dude was a bit off and that some of those relationships were inappropriate.

Michael Jackson was undoubtedly one of the most influential artists of our time. It's a shame that he couldn't cope with the world and his own imperfections and, thus, apparently engaged in so many self-destructive behaviors. May he RIP.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
A relative of Michael Jackson still lives in his boyhood home, and its in good condition. And no the street isn't named for Michael Jackson. Its always been named Jackson Street , its named for President Jackson. Most of the side streets in his former neighborhood are named for former presidents.

He is popular in his hometown, and many are proud of his career. He didn't visit Gary very often, the last time in 2003.
You are right. Streets west of Broadway are named after the Presidents and streets east of Broadway are named after the states.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 52,496 times
I saw in the news that they may make Neverland ranch a memorial for the public, but it was not a guarenteed thing yet (obviously)

Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Regardless of the circus that was Michael Jackson's life. He was a man who's childhood was ripped away from him. That's the launching pad for his tortured life. He tried, in vain to buy back the childhood that was taken away.

I'm thinking tortured soul.

Regardless, a family is hurting right now and we should respect that. Like him or not, Michael Jackson was an icon for most of his life. He lived in the public eye, and unfortunately, died that way too.

May his family find solace and those that exploited him be shamed.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epeaches View Post
I hate the racist media the way they keep bringing up child molestation charges trying to smear his name and his reputation. Remember, Michael Jackson was found innocent of all charges. Remember: How stupid the media looked. Remember: Not Guilty. Remember: The spanish woman was caught in a bunch of lies and trying to blackmail Michael for money. DO YOU REMEMBER? LOL. I laughed so hard at the media when they were all covering the Michael Jackson trial, they thought they would have Michael Jackson for sure. The jury came back with a not guilty and I screamed and laughed and me and my friends we all laughed at the media. They all looked like a bunch of fools.
The same "racist" media that is, according to you, trying to smear his name is the very same media that has placed Obama on a pedastal.

So is the media only racist when it comes to Michael Jackson?

Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
The media is following the new mantra of media: If it bleeds, it leads.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The same "racist" media that is, according to you, trying to smear his name is the very same media that has placed Obama on a pedastal.

So is the media only racist when it comes to Michael Jackson?
The media might be praising Obama now, but if Obama screws up, the media will have a field day with him.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Regardless of the circus that was Michael Jackson's life. He was a man who's childhood was ripped away from him. That's the launching pad for his tortured life. He tried, in vain to buy back the childhood that was taken away.

I'm thinking tortured soul.

Regardless, a family is hurting right now and we should respect that. Like him or not, Michael Jackson was an icon for most of his life. He lived in the public eye, and unfortunately, died that way too.

May his family find solace and those that exploited him be shamed.
I couldn't imagine having a life like Michael Jackson's. I understand why he put his children under a veil when they were in the public eye. Someone could have taken advantage of Michael Jackson through his children the way Charles Lindberg's son was kidnapped for ransom. Many have tried to take advantage of him, and sometimes the statements from his own mouth didn't help, but the fact is, I see Jackson as someone many people try to take advantage of. It is a sad price of fame. The persons who would try and take advantage of you will come out of the woodwork, especially if you are a private person. I can relate to Jackson for another reason. Many people have taken him as "weird", especially when it comes to bringing back his childhood and acting like Peter Pan. I understand why. He was doing that because his own childhood was taken away from him, actually, his own life was taken from him metaphorically. He couldn't enjoy life like other people could. I understand because I have been thought of as weird in many aspects. I was the type of person who came under intense scrutiny for many things. Why did Jackson have an umbrella? His vitilgo-stricken skin is very sensitive to California sun. I would use an umbrella to block out the sun if I had one. In fact, before I misplaced mine, I used it in the sun, rather than the rain. I do believe that Michael Jackson did have a tortured life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana