U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:50 PM

14,499 posts, read 25,634,685 times

Advertisements

like? I have a cousin who has a few acres there and likes it- Is there a nice town? Thanks for any info-

sunny
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 12:19 PM

2,887 posts, read 6,349,119 times
Valpo is a nice town, the County Seat of Porter County. Nice homes, good schools, decent shopping and restaurants.

Where is his land located?

Old 04-21-2007, 02:33 PM

14,499 posts, read 25,634,685 times
It is off of a Rural rte (I will have to ck my address book-havent visited yet-lol) but I would be interested in any pix, if anyone has any. They do get more snow than we have where I am now, which I don't mind. Thanks.

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-21-2007 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 04-21-2007, 03:49 PM

17,696 posts, read 38,090,060 times
Lots more snow ... lake effect. But again, it really varies year to year.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM

13 posts, read 70,096 times
I love valparaiso, I miss it sometimes. They have a great downtown district, i've done a photoshoot there for a magazine for teens and it was perfect. It's a great town for younger parents and older people alike. It has a college feel but with lots of history and older couples who have lived there all their life. They have great schools and Valpo Univ is a great college. The subdivisions are very kid friendly a lot of valpo is middle/upper middle class. A lot of people I know who live there travel to Chicago for work. My boyfriend and I moved from Valpo/Portage to Whiting to cut down travel time to Chicago for our jobs.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 10,467 times
Default Valparaiso -- the vale of paradise! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
like? I have a cousin who has a few acres there and likes it- Is there a nice town? Thanks for any info-

sunny

I love Valpo! If I could afford the area, it has grown quite a bit I would move back there in a heartbeat! I grew up there and didn't leave the area until I was around 20. The people are friendly, diverse, the school system is great, lots of culture and history in the area because of the university and I think I am just partial because it was my old stomping grounds. There's some great shopping out there now -- it wasn't really there when I was a kid, it really has developed. It still hasn't lost it's sense of small town Indiana by it's locally run drive in theater -- I've been going since I was a kid -- and rootbeer stands. I would recommend everyone heading back that way if they can afford it.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:28 PM

12,303 posts, read 8,806,280 times
Talking WHat is it?

Valpo is the long lost cousin of Alpo the famous dog food manufacturer

Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM

10 posts, read 44,225 times
well hello everyone , my husband and I are moving to South Bend, IN..coming from Texas job transfer to walgreens warehouse in Valparaiso, IN . we wondered if there is a commuter train from South Bend, IN...to Valparaiso, IN.
any info about traveling back and forth. please thanks shalom

Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM

21 posts, read 86,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerslaney View Post
well hello everyone , my husband and I are moving to South Bend, IN..coming from Texas job transfer to walgreens warehouse in Valparaiso, IN . we wondered if there is a commuter train from South Bend, IN...to Valparaiso, IN.
any info about traveling back and forth. please thanks shalom
Looks like the NICT runs from South Bend Airport all the way into Chicago, so you should certainly be able to get close on both ends. Perhaps with the help of a taxi on the Valpo side. Here's the link:

Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (http://www.nictd.com/service/stations.htm#RANDOLPH%20STREET%20(Chicago - broken link))

I also saw in another thread where you were asking for synagogues in the area. Here's a listing:

Temples Synagogues in Valparaiso, IN

Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

10 posts, read 44,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverCleveland View Post
Looks like the NICT runs from South Bend Airport all the way into Chicago, so you should certainly be able to get close on both ends. Perhaps with the help of a taxi on the Valpo side. Here's the link:

Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (http://www.nictd.com/service/stations.htm#RANDOLPH%20STREET%20(Chicago - broken link))

I also saw in another thread where you were asking for synagogues in the area. Here's a listing:

Temples Synagogues in Valparaiso, IN (http://web8.ls.sp1.yahoo.com/IN/Valparaiso/Government+Community/Religion+Spirituality/Temples+Synagogues - broken link)
thank you Grover...bless you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana