Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times

Advertisements

what streets are you looking for?

My brother lives in Schererville, but has a Crown Point mailing address. The town is so spread out, it might not have a "Schererville" address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynncj View Post
Hello,
I was wondering. What city in Northwest Indiana be better.Merrillville or Schereville? What hotel would anybody recommend staying at? Who has the most crimes Merrillville or Schereville?
Thanks!
Chris Flynn
If I had to stay in a hotel for a few nights, Merrillville might be better though there is a brand new hotel (Holiday Inn express?) in Schererville.

If you're deciding which town to move to, I'd recommend Schererville.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
i am trying to find Beverly Rayfelt,or any of her family. She lived at 880 W 52nd ave. in merrillville in.
pls contact dave Thompson at [email]thom5986@bellsouth.net[/email] or 502-366-4253.

thanks for any help i can get.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM

138 posts, read 219,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david thompson View Post
i am trying to find Beverly Rayfelt,or any of her family. She lived at 880 W 52nd ave. in merrillville in.
pls contact dave Thompson at thom5986@bellsouth.net or 502-366-4253.

Isnt 52nd a Gary address? Rather than Merrillville? I was thinking Gary went as far as 53rd.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:54 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david thompson View Post
pls contact dave Thompson at thom5986@bellsouth.net or 502-366-4253.

Under the City-Data terms of service, "All posts about locating lost relatives, friends, etc. must be in the People Search Forum."

It's also not really a great idea to post your personal contact info on a public site. If someone has the information you're looking for they can direct message you.

You can access the People Search forum here

Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,362 times
Default Lakewood Estates

Can anyone tell me about that area, im looking at a house in that area, being in Hammond right now.. Thanks guys!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 AM

811 posts, read 2,338,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesarered2385 View Post
Can anyone tell me about that area, im looking at a house in that area, being in Hammond right now.. Thanks guys!
I'm assuming you're referring to the Lakewood Estates in Schererville right off of Rt 30 and St John Rd? That's a very good area. I considered buying in there myself before settling on a different house. It's very safe, a ton of younger families, and it's only about 2 mins to the 30/41 shopping and less than 10 mins to 394. What specifically are you looking to learn? I'd be happy to help out.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to the Lakewood Estates in Schererville right off of Rt 30 and St John Rd? That's a very good area. I considered buying in there myself before settling on a different house. It's very safe, a ton of younger families, and it's only about 2 mins to the 30/41 shopping and less than 10 mins to 394. What specifically are you looking to learn? I'd be happy to help out.
I believe that subdivision you are talking about is actually LakeVIEW Estates? I only know of two Lakewood Estates. One in Schererville directly north of the Holiday Inn Express on U.S. 30 and west of the BMV (it's a relatively new townhome and paired villa subdivision). The other Lakewood Estates I know is in Merrillville on 55th and Chase (in the more secluded western portion of Ross Township near Calumet Township (Lake Ridge) and Griffith area. This is an older very secluded subdivision.

I used the Lake County GIS website to verify this.

Lake IN Silverlight GIS Website

Rosesarered2385: If you are speaking of the Schererville location, the primary thing I know about that subdivision is that it is predominantly older people/retirees. IF you decided to live there, there is no guarantee of any young families if you have young children. But you would be in a very good school district (Lake Central)

If you are speaking of the Merrillville location, it seems to be in a safe, isolated location. This part of Merrillville is very secluded yet still reasonably close to amenities in Schererville on Rt. 30 and although not as close, it is almost a straight shot west into the shopping areas in Highland and Schererville off Rt. 41 (like Target, Shoe Carnival, etc.)

Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 AM

811 posts, read 2,338,164 times
My bad... the human GPS named Northwest Indiana wins again.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
My bad... the human GPS named Northwest Indiana wins again.
HAHA everyone I know calls me that! I am "that friend" that knows all the random/useless facts that people might need one day! But ask me what I ate the day before and I''m blank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana