Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,839 times

Advertisements

Hello

I was wondering if any individuals here would happen to know of apartments in Portage IN that happen to meet one of the following criteria, or all:

(a) No smoking apartments. This is the number one, topmost, important need. For example, if this were an apartment complex I would be happy with just a building apart from the rest of the complex that does not allow smoking in or around the vicinity of the particular building. This way no smoking seeps it from the kitchen, bathroom, or from the hallway from other residents sharing the building like the issues I am having with Port Crossing Apartments.

(b) Pets allowed. Or at least for a price a month far less than $30.00.

(c) No children allowed above 1st stories. I'm not sure there is such a place, but one can always have wishful logical thinking.

(d) Utilities covered. I am willing to deal with the water bill assuming the rent's not outrageous.

(e) A place with a good track record. Such as maintenance requests being taken care of within a timely manner, complaints being handled with respect, the place being properly furnished upon arrival, and minimal neighborhood violence. For a heads up, Port Crossings does not meet these simple requests except the last one, check the Google reviews online if you don't believe just me.

(f) Good insulation. Some apartment complexes are louder and colder than others. I would prefer the ones that are quieter and warmer

Thank you kindly for your time and efforts. I will be frequenting this place assuredly. Most interesting website here indeed.

P.S. I haven't included a price range because I just want to see what meets my needs first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:43 AM

265 posts, read 964,394 times
You might have better luck posting this in the NW Indiana subforum.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 PM

141 posts, read 634,094 times
Sounds like your looking for a 55+ community.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 11,778 times
Good luck! I've lived here for years and never heard of a place with all of those demands while I've been researching other apartment complexes. And I believe there are only a few complexes in Portage that do allow pets; which is why I've been limited to where I live. Keep looking and make some calls.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,839 times
Actually a 55+ community does sound ideal for me. I'm a 23 year old lady, honestly. My parents were really old when they had me so it's rubbed off on me. I like quiet, peace, I'm a hermit, I don't like noise, loud things give me headaches, I don't party or care for socializing, and I'm happy about it lol.

Most important would be a non smoking apartment complex unit. The kind where you have to be at least 25 ft from the unit in order to light up. I've decided on parakeets for pets. Not too many places are against these quiet lil guys because they don't really interfere with the carpet and their chirping isn't very loud to disturb neighbors. If they don't give my sensitive self a headache, they're sound-safe, lol.

I tried looking for the sub forum but couldn't find it unfortunately.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times
I know of nothing in NWI that will fit your needs - unless you rent a single family home.

And then with a SF, you're more than likely going to be responsible for all utilities.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,404 times
The thing is, if a apartment doesn't allowing smoking, it's likely it doesn't allow pets either. Like Chuckity said you may be better off renting a single family house. It will be more likely to be quiet, have more insulation and it's more likely the landlord will let you have a pet, and smoking isn't a problem when you are in a single family house. Utilities are rarely included anymore in any rental these days so you will be paying for that no matter where you are living.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyBlue View Post
Sounds like your looking for a 55+ community.
No kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana