Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you most prefer to see new upscale lifestyle shopping center in?
Munster 5 41.67%
Schererville 2 16.67%
Dyer 0 0%
St. John 1 8.33%
Crown Point 2 16.67%
None 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,407,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Now that the plans for a possible town center for Munster are back in the works, I think it is a good idea to get an idea for the type of stores/restaurants/businesses that we all would like to see at the development (if at all).

The following is a list of stores & restaurants that I would personally think would benefit the area or that I would personally shop at:

Von Maur
Nordstrom Rack
Apple Store
Foot Action USA
Banana Republic
Dooney & Bourke
Williams-Sonoma
Coach
Brooks Brothers
P.F. Chang's China Bistro

This is only a small list. Also, as far as most restaurants go, I would try to avoid large chains (such as Applebee's, Olive Garden) and stick to smaller chains or even family owned restaurants.

*Also, there is the proposed developments in Schererville (Oak Street Commons & Shops on Main) but as of now, I believe the Shops on Main is no more and Oak Street Commons is pretty stagant.
Shopping centers pretty much never have "family owned" or "local" restaurants operating at or around it. I think it's a given you'll see a crappy TGI Fridays or Applebee's pop up around/in there. I think those stores/restaurants you listed sound pretty possible though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 06:00 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Default New Development

I read this article...but it fails to answer the main question: WHERE in Munster will this go???

There is the Homewood Suites that is currently being built in Munster on the Lake Business Center property and as of right now, that site was to accommodate only one hotel. The only other area where a hotel was proposed was for the Centennial Village development.

Other than that, the only other place I can think of a hotel going is on the big plot of land in between Calumet Ave and Columbia Ave just north of the Harley Davidson plot. But I don't think that would be very good use of that land..

SpringHill Suites Hotel coming to Munster

Old 12-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Thumbs up Update

Good to see!

NWI attracts a wide range of new restaurants and retail

Old 12-04-2014, 11:18 AM

277 posts, read 442,740 times
Really great article.nice recap of the year's development in the region.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Thumbs up Update

About time! This gazillion year project in the making is finally starting to get somewhere!

Munster Steel comes down to pave way for underpasses

Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 PM

36 posts, read 66,019 times
I can't believe it's finally happening.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Default Update

Things that many thought would never happen in our lifetimes have been happening...and Calumet/45th underpasses is one of those things (and the Centennial Village project is just an added bonus!)...it's really happening now and there's no turning back!

Construction firm new to region tackles big projects

Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 AM

Default Update

More news on Centennial Village...I know the Munster leaders will do their best to ensure that the development maintains reasonably high-end tenants!

Centennial Village proposal includes big-box retailer, hotel

Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 AM

277 posts, read 442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
More news on Centennial Village...I know the Munster leaders will do their best to ensure that the development maintains reasonably high-end tenants!

Centennial Village proposal includes big-box retailer, hotel
Think this is where the Homewood Inn & Suites was slotted that you heard awhile back?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Thumbs up Update

I am glad that the town is being strict and careful with this project!

Munster tackles issues with Centennial Village development

Also, just found out that Starbucks and Potbelly are locating in another outlot at the Lake Business Center in Munster. Personally, I think a Starbucks would be better further north on Calumet (like where the Taco Bell is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana