Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you most prefer to see new upscale lifestyle shopping center in?
Munster 5 41.67%
Schererville 2 16.67%
Dyer 0 0%
St. John 1 8.33%
Crown Point 2 16.67%
None 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:42 PM

17,294 posts, read 14,581,140 times

Advertisements

I actually can't believe there'll be a Five Guys in Munster - is the one in Schererville on Indianapolis staying put?

Chick-fil-a is replacing the Uno's in Munster - which blows. I wouldn't be surprised if that Uno's will be located to Munster. Though, for obvious reasons, I'd prefer Valpo.

And yes please, Cheesecake Factory in NWI. And PF Changs too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,095,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I actually can't believe there'll be a Five Guys in Munster - is the one in Schererville on Indianapolis staying put?

Chick-fil-a is replacing the Uno's in Munster - which blows. I wouldn't be surprised if that Uno's will be located to Munster. Though, for obvious reasons, I'd prefer Valpo.

Uno's in Munster or Merrillville?

Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM

17,294 posts, read 14,581,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Uno's in Munster or Merrillville?
Merrillville ... brain-cramp-sugar-high typo. I should've also typed "re-located" instead of located.

Too many jelly beans.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
For everyone who is interested, here is a link to the Munster Comprehensive Plan:

http://www.munster.org/egov/docs/617581257537956.pdf

This includes all of the proposed redevelopment plans for the town as well as the limited space for new development. If all goes according to plan, I believe that Munster will not only become an upscale shopping destination and NWI commuter rail hub, but also retain its image as a family friendly town.

***Note***Once the link is opened, I would recommend saving it to your computer, it makes it easier to load the pages and scroll without waiting very long for the images to load...this worked for me at least...
Good site- Munster is a wonderful town-
Good to see they have a comprehensive plan.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Merrillville ... brain-cramp-sugar-high typo. I should've also typed "re-located" instead of located.

Too many jelly beans.
I was thinking where in the world is that place in Munster
then I thought you must have meant merrillville.

I can appreciate the jelly bean high
at least its not from too man of the peeps
right on
Happy Easter to you!

PF Changs all the way would be great.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Quote:

Funny story...the Five Guys was actually supposed to open about two years ago at the Munster Shops (at roughly the same time--or a little prior to--the Schererville location)...but the financing for Munster Shops was not in place yet, so the construction was delayed (until late last year). The Schererville location was already built (I think the building is like 20 years old or so) so it was much easier to locate there.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Funny story...the Five Guys was actually supposed to open about two years ago at the Munster Shops (at roughly the same time--or a little prior to--the Schererville location)...but the financing for Munster Shops was not in place yet, so the construction was delayed (until late last year). The Schererville location was already built (I think the building is like 20 years old or so) so it was much easier to locate there.
Never been in that five guys as the one in Orland made me sick due to the grease

anyhow what was in that bldg prior to five guys- the location is perfect for just about any business.
couple of questions since you know the area
what do you suppose they will do with borders on us 41>?

the shopping outlet on us 41 where circuit city was located is a mere shell now any plans with that area.

the whole road is full of retail and then you have that area that is empty along with the old krispy creme. why isnt any activity going on there.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Never been in that five guys as the one in Orland made me sick due to the grease

anyhow what was in that bldg prior to five guys- the location is perfect for just about any business.
couple of questions since you know the area
what do you suppose they will do with borders on us 41>?

the shopping outlet on us 41 where circuit city was located is a mere shell now any plans with that area.

the whole road is full of retail and then you have that area that is empty along with the old krispy creme. why isnt any activity going on there.
The west side of that building used to be Blockbuster video and the eastside was some kind of mattress store. They then remodeled the building so that it could have one more tenant and the extreme west side is where the Five Guys is

Also, the Borders on US 41 is staying put. It was not one of the stores affected by the closures. The Border's at Southlake Mall was the one that was affected.

The shopping center where the "newer" Circuit City is located is pretty vacant. There is a Chicago fitness and a Jo-Ann's Fabric. There may be an additional store but I never really go into that strip anymore as there is nothing that suits me. More retail options will eventually come to that strip though. The Highland Grove center had many vacant storefronts just a year ago and now it is 100% at capacity. Since Highland Grove is a little older, the rents were slightly cheaper (the location still comands a premium though) so many of the retailers chose that spot.

The area with the "old" Krispy Kreme and right across the street (in between Omni 41 and Lowe's was supposed to be an upscale development called Oak Street Commons by Precision Development. Due to the economy, the developer, Dave Van Dyke --who also heads Precision Homes (who builds awesome homes by the way)--has had a hard time securing much financing for the project and without financing, no tenants will sign...

I know this post is old, but this pretty much sums up exactly what is still going on right now...

//www.city-data.com/forum/16124678-post49.html

Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The west side of that building used to be Blockbuster video and the eastside was some kind of mattress store. They then remodeled the building so that it could have one more tenant and the extreme west side is where the Five Guys is

Also, the Borders on US 41 is staying put. It was not one of the stores affected by the closures. The Border's at Southlake Mall was the one that was affected.

The shopping center where the "newer" Circuit City is located is pretty vacant. There is a Chicago fitness and a Jo-Ann's Fabric. There may be an additional store but I never really go into that strip anymore as there is nothing that suits me. More retail options will eventually come to that strip though. The Highland Grove center had many vacant storefronts just a year ago and now it is 100% at capacity. Since Highland Grove is a little older, the rents were slightly cheaper (the location still comands a premium though) so many of the retailers chose that spot.

The area with the "old" Krispy Kreme and right across the street (in between Omni 41 and Lowe's was supposed to be an upscale development called Oak Street Commons by Precision Development. Due to the economy, the developer, Dave Van Dyke --who also heads Precision Homes (who builds awesome homes by the way)--has had a hard time securing much financing for the project and without financing, no tenants will sign...

I know this post is old, but this pretty much sums up exactly what is still going on right now...

//www.city-data.com/forum/16124678-post49.html
Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 AM

Default Munster Town Center, here we come!!!

Finally! And a "national high-end restaurant!".....Do I hear a Cheesecake Factory? Maggiano's?

Lake Business Center renovation to begin soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana