Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times

Advertisements

It also seems that many of the few people who contribute regularly on NWI no longer live there and in some cases haven't lived there for quite some time. I am assuming most of the people who fall into that catagory still have friends and family in the area. Many people on C-D go back to areas they have lived in the past and post...nothing unusual about that. What I find strange is why residents don't seem to utilize this forum much if at all...the population of Lake County exceeds that of many cities that have a lot of activity on C-D. Granted NWI forum isn't going to be generating any tourism related threads but even with that taken into consideration I notice a real lack of interest.

Does anyone have an insight into the mentality or why this might be???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
because when people think of indiana, they don't think of NWI??? Also, most people in NWI associate themselves with Chicagoland. Also, there just may not be very many hoosiers on this message board.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:23 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
It also seems that many of the few people who contribute regularly on NWI no longer live there and in some cases haven't lived there for quite some time. I am assuming most of the people who fall into that catagory still have friends and family in the area. Many people on C-D go back to areas they have lived in the past and post...nothing unusual about that. What I find strange is why residents don't seem to utilize this forum much if at all...the population of Lake County exceeds that of many cities that have a lot of activity on C-D. Granted NWI forum isn't going to be generating any tourism related threads but even with that taken into consideration I notice a real lack of interest.

Does anyone have an insight into the mentality or why this might be???
I agree with the previous explanations. I think some of what would fall under NWI is covered under Chicago suburbs. Plus, I'm not sure how many people move to the Region from very far distances, which may lead too less postings. You're not going to get as many young adults weighing job options in the Region as you would considering SF, NYC, etc

I'm not too surprised.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:17 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
because when people think of indiana, they don't think of NWI??? Also, most people in NWI associate themselves with Chicagoland. Also, there just may not be very many hoosiers on this message board.
I've lived in NWI all my life, and am still here, albeit in the outer eastern realms.

On the other hand, I do checkout the Chicago Forum as well.

I don't think Message Boards have made it into the rest of Indiana yet. I hear they only just got Dial-up!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:54 AM

5 posts, read 19,686 times
I live in NWI and although consider myself in be located in the Chicagoland area since thats where I go often. But I think it's not about a population thing more than people in this area probably don't know of this board so they can utilize it.

I myself have just found this and that might have only been on accident since I wasn't intentially looking for a NWI message board. But oh well, since I'm here....it's a nice place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana