Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After reading the article/attending meetings, which option appeals the most to you AND seems the mos
Option A 0 0%
Option B1 0 0%
Option B2 1 16.67%
Option C 0 0%
Option D1 1 16.67%
Option D2 1 16.67%
Option E 0 0%
Option F 1 16.67%
None 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 AM

33 posts, read 125,184 times

Advertisements

Well, if that were to be true wouldn't that be deceiving people in a way? Maybe the administration is not involved in the site at all, but the person running it should be completely impartial. Withholding information so as not to propagate any negative votes is just as deceitful as spreading false information, IMO.

I realize that what you said is just your opinion. I appreciate you sharing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 AM

811 posts, read 2,337,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocostimpy View Post
Well, if that were to be true wouldn't that be deceiving people in a way? Maybe the administration is not involved in the site at all, but the person running it should be completely impartial. Withholding information so as not to propagate any negative votes is just as deceitful as spreading false information, IMO.

I realize that what you said is just your opinion. I appreciate you sharing it.
You're very welcome. I realize it's a risk that the leader of this campaign is running. Would I have liked the page to be posted? Yes of course. But, I feel that overall it's a good plan and the other portions of the website describe what will be included and what the renovation will consist of. More than anything, I wished that that page would have provided a good explanation on why the 2 or 3 high school option isn't feasible. I've done research, gone to the meetings, volunteered my time, and I understand nearly every aspect to this plan and reasons why other options weren't chosen. However, I know that not every person has taken the time to do that, so I thought the page would have been beneficial. With that being said, from all of my research I still think it's a very needed and thorough plan and it's clear that the administration did address the requests that the public made after the last referendum, which were to implement a long term solution to the overcrowding problem and do not include any fluff such as the admin building or bus barn. I will not tell you to vote for or against it, but I do appreciate you taking the time to try to get some more info on this whole thing though. While canvassing, it's amazing the amount of people who, even this past weekend, had no idea about this proposal. Best of luck with whichever way you decide to vote.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Default Congrats!

Lake Central school referendum passes

Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
I'm glad, and I voted for it. I have to say I'm surprised it passed with the lack of info, and with the false info that it would cost around $1000 extra on people's property taxes, which I heard more than once.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I'm glad, and I voted for it. I have to say I'm surprised it passed with the lack of info, and with the false info that it would cost around $1000 extra on people's property taxes, which I heard more than once.
I'm glad that people wrote in letters to the editor quickly correcting the misinformation that the Times published in the one gentleman's letter.

In my experiences of going door to door, the main reason people were against it was not because of the cost. Actually, most people who didn't agree with the plan said that the cost was not bad and totally doable. I think only one person of the hundreds I spoke with said that the overall cost was outrageous and that his family would be voting no. When I asked if he'd done his research on the costs and gotten quotes on comparable projects, he did not have an answer. The area overall will not have a problem funding this. Based on tax collection rates, people are paying their monthly mortgage, tax, and other bills.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Future LCHS Pictures

For anyone interested, LC School Corp has on its website some blueprint plans of the new Lake Central High School and the new Protsman Elementary. Here is the link to some info on the new High School with some pictures of what it will look like. Scrolling down on the bottom right and clicking "older posts" will take you to what the Gym, Football Field, Auditorium, Pool, and all of the other departments of the school will look like when it's completed.

Lake Central High School Room Concepts

Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Exclamation Update

I wanted to post this before svillechris just to say that I saw it first!

But I drive by this pretty often and it is really beginning to take shape (a nice one at that!)

Lake Central expansion begins to take shape

Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 AM

Should be really nice when it's done. I'm lookin forward to using the pool which is going to be the Tri-Town Pool available to all residents when there isn't an event going on. Makes sense, we all paid for it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana