Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

4 posts, read 32,509 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for a wedding (for the reception) that can accommodate around 250 people. The wedding is late sept. The thing is that we already have someone in mind to cater it so we would like one that is available without catering but that would set up/ break down table chairs etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 PM

811 posts, read 2,336,161 times
hi there... congrats on the upcoming wedding! I had my wedding in summer 2009 at Wicker Park in Highland. It was awesome, everyone there was great and it wasn't horribly priced (although anywhere is going to be expensive). We had about 300 people so your amount will definitely fit. They just recently redid the area behind the hall and it has a gazebo with a little pond and beautiful landscape now. We took a bunch of pictures back there. I'd consider that if I were you.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchristenson View Post
Hi, I am looking for a wedding (for the reception) that can accommodate around 250 people. The wedding is late sept. The thing is that we already have someone in mind to cater it so we would like one that is available without catering but that would set up/ break down table chairs etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Most of the NWI banquet facilities will not allow you to bring in your own caterer - and if you're looking for Sept. 2010 (and a Sat. night) finding availability at this point is going to be tough.

Your best best would be to look at local park district facilities, Porter County Expo Center, Lake County Fairgrounds, VFWs, etc.

You'll have more options if you go the "full service" banquet facility route with their own in house caterer.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM

815 posts, read 2,996,832 times
Friends of mine had their reception at the new Centennial Park Clubhouse in Munster. They didn't use their in house caterer so you must be allowed to use anybody. Its a brand new building and is very nice and there is rooms that can hold 250. Don't know how far in advance you need to book it, and Munster residents get first choice and better pricing. Halls need to be booked much earlier then most people think now a days.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM

44,346 posts, read 20,044,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
hi there... congrats on the upcoming wedding! I had my wedding in summer 2009 at Wicker Park in Highland. It was awesome, everyone there was great and it wasn't horribly priced (although anywhere is going to be expensive). We had about 300 people so your amount will definitely fit. They just recently redid the area behind the hall and it has a gazebo with a little pond and beautiful landscape now. We took a bunch of pictures back there. I'd consider that if I were you.
Wicker Park would be a great place for you to have your reception. I suspect the availability is limited, though, as places like that tend to be booked up pretty far in advance. You might want to check web sites for some area churches that have social halls for rent. They are likely to allow an outside caterer.

Congrats, and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana