Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,020,110 times

Advertisements

Once your cat gets to Hawaii, keep him contained in an area long enough that he will recognize it as home. My friend brought a cat in from the mainland back when all critters had to go through the 120 day quarantine and the day after the cat got out of quarantine it ran away from home and he never saw it again. Sigh! That was an expensive one day cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 12:58 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenocide22 View Post
I discovered that to take ANY pet to Hawai'i, you pretty much have to rely on Continental Airlines. They have a program called PetSafe that definitely puts my mind at ease when I will have to travel with my pet when the time comes.
if shipping direct to hawaii with NO stopovers and NO change of planes, (direct flights), all the airline will take care of the animal just about the same. the Continental program works best if you have stops and transfers along the way. also there is no prgram in hawaii because all arriving animals are handled the exact same upon arrivals, so its only at your departing location.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenocide22 View Post
When I first saw this thread, it made me immediately go re-lookup the pet policies of different airlines, as well as plane ticket prices.

I discovered that to take ANY pet to Hawai'i, you pretty much have to rely on Continental Airlines. They have a program called PetSafe that definitely puts my mind at ease when I will have to travel with my pet when the time comes.

It will cost me $279 + tax to put my 15lb (he's a large cat, not fat XP) in the CARGO area because NO PETS are allowed in cabin on flights to/from Hawai'i, AND I have to buy a kennel/carrier (about $45) that's large enough to where he can sit fully upright and move around freely in the kennel/carrier.

This is after spending all the money on his rabies shot, blood work, and microchip so he can safely enter Hawai'i without risk of quarantine.

But I love my kitty to death so its ok with me!
I took United from the west coast (they are merging with Continental) and they were exceptional.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:52 AM

720 posts, read 805,912 times
Default And therefore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
That Tiger was frightened while on-stage and was simply protecting him. It did not attack him...it 'grabbed' him and pulled him to safety...geez..get your facts straight.
Koale
It still almost killed him, and it did seriously maim him.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM

18 posts, read 41,864 times
I shipped my two cats to Hawaii this past September. I was aware of the merger between United and Continental but they have not yet merged their pet shipping programs. This was a huge bummer for me since I wanted to ship them on a direct flight from Chicago to Honolulu that was listed under both airlines (because it was the exact same airplane) but they said because of the merger they couldn't accept animals on this flight yet.

The fastest route Continental could book them on was Detroit-Houston-Honolulu. I was nervous about the layover for sure, but their PetSafe program was great. There are no temperature restrictions when the pets fly because they always transport the animals in a climate-controlled vehicle anyway when they're not in the airplane. And I also got nearly real-time updates about when they landed and departed.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 435 times
Hawaii Senator Colleen Hanabusa, president of the Hawaii Senate, has introduced Senate Bill 79, which seeks to prohibit the ownership, possession, or sale of “pit bulls” in the state. The bill defines pit bulls as American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or any dog exhibiting those distinguishing characteristics which substantially conform to the breed standards established by the American Kennel Club. NO STRONG JAWED PETS can travel on United, APR 3 ,2018

Old 03-15-2020, 12:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHOUSTONWOLF View Post
Hawaii Senator Colleen Hanabusa, president of the Hawaii Senate, has introduced Senate Bill 79
Colleen Hanabusa hasn't been in the Hawaii Senate in 10 years.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:55 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,739,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeinspectorboise View Post
What is it with the pit bulls in Hawaii? We spent so many years there and always wondered why so many people had these dogs? We have been in Boise, Idaho for over a year and have not seen one single pit bull.
A lot of dogs are dumped by their military owners when they get shipped out. Tragic situation.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:18 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
Quote:
Hawaii Senator Colleen Hanabusa, president of the Hawaii Senate, has introduced Senate Bill 79, which seeks to prohibit the ownership, possession, or sale of “pit bulls” in the state. The bill defines pit bulls as American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or any dog exhibiting those distinguishing characteristics which substantially conform to the breed standards established by the American Kennel Club. NO STRONG JAWED PETS can travel on United, APR 3 ,2018
According to the information provided you joined City Data 12 years ago and just now made your first post?

Your information is at least 10 years out of date. Has this post been somewhere in the Twilight Zone, until now?

Weird!

Old 03-16-2020, 02:11 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,663,767 times
Quote:
Obviously this is a joke. There are thousands of pit bulls in Hawaii.

I was interested so I looked at the legislation that Hanabusa introduced during her term in office as President of the Senate. Nothing at all to do with pit bulls. But it was interesting reading for those of us staying home and social distancing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: