Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 PM

3 posts, read 12,434 times

Advertisements

Tenzo, did you honestly just say ohio is the only state with no lake in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,079,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian023 View Post
Tenzo, did you honestly just say ohio is the only state with no lake in it?
Well, that is what I have been told.
No natural lakes.
On campus they have an area called 'mirror lake' it's about 20 x 50 ft. and is not more than 3 feet deep.
Where I come from that doesnt even qualify as a pond.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM

406 posts, read 868,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Well, that is what I have been told.
No natural lakes.
On campus they have an area called 'mirror lake' it's about 20 x 50 ft. and is not more than 3 feet deep.
Where I come from that doesnt even qualify as a pond.
Uuummmm, try google Ohio lakes.

Look at (for one) List of lakes in Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
The US state of Ohio has more than 2,500 lakes larger than 2 acres (8,100 m2).[1] The following is an incomplete list of named lakes and reservoirs in Ohio that are 10 acres (40,000 m2) or greater, or otherwise significant.

Then look at Wildernet.com - Ohio Lakes and Rivers for info on Ohio lakes and rivers.

In the three years you lived in Columbus, Ohio you must have been awfully busy working, or maybe sleeping. Also, don't always believe "what you have been told" without checking for yourself.

Mickey

Old 03-13-2011, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,763 times
hi there,I'll say it's pretty much whats you pay for....looking for cheap places....the ****iest they are....
houses out here are expensive and their worst than Gary if y'all know Gary

Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 PM

12 posts, read 40,478 times
Please stay in Topic.

I was/am in Tokyo when the Earthquake hit. Now im definitely hoping to leave this Tsunami/Mega-earthquake workaholic life and move over to Paradise.

I can live on 3 dollars a day just fish all day and eat pineapples LOL.

Monthly expenditure... any budget pls!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM

43 posts, read 93,229 times
Hi Tuihamo!

I'm planning a move to Oahu for grad school and I would say the best thing for you to do when it comes to getting a budget estimate is research instead of asking. Here's what I did:

- Rent vs. Size of apt/house: Craigslist (set to Honolulu since its the capital but you can change to the different islands at the top of the pg), Star Advertiser
- Look up local grocery store weekly ads and check out the prices on the stuff in the ads: Foodland, Safeway, Times Supermarket, Walmart
- read back posts for info on bills. You can do a search for the words "Hawaii" and "bills" and see what comes up.

After doing all your research on basics, and have specific questions, then come back. It's a lot easier on the folks here on the forum if you did some basic research first before coming and asking general questions. Everyone's life is different, and everyone on this forum live on different islands, different areas on the island, live different lives. Everything "depends" on something else so there's really no such thing as "in general".

Glad you made it through the disaster! Let's move to Hawai'i together!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM

16 posts, read 38,077 times
Hi Tuihamo,

I think you should do budget based on what you'll be making there, not the other way around. In NYC, some people make millions of dollars a year, some people make barely 30K per year. They all live. All depends on how people budget based on their income. I know you know this already. So how much you expect you'll be making?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanx for the info.

Regardless of income, i hoped to inquire for some numerical/digits monthly budget. Either from each side of the income spectrum. I am not being specific just requiring if you are out there and you are rich, i wouldnt mind if u shared a monthly budget and what you get with that, n if you are out there with average spending/earning please do share any form of budget. If you "heard" of some monthly budget of any standard please do share. My initial inquiry is to hear any form of budget. So far everyone has been stating the obvious which are also way off topic.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,723,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuihamo View Post
So far everyone has been stating the obvious which are also way off topic.
that's the whole point, it's the obvious. It's obvious your asking something that depends on so many factors it's not possible to provide in any meaningful way. Its such a vague question that without details from you.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:42 PM

↑ Appreciated greatly.

Any budget/digit numerical would be welcomed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu