Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,463,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
$1,600/month doesn't qualify as an expensive apartment in Oahu.
Really?
That's 2x what I pay on Maui
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,106,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Really?
That's 2x what I pay on Maui
His $1,600 is for a 2 bed x 2 bath. That is pretty good for 2 bedrooms.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:41 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,463,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
His $1,600 is for a 2 bed x 2 bath. That is pretty good for 2 bedrooms.
Oh, I didn't see they got a 2/2

Old 12-13-2011, 05:54 PM

79 posts, read 231,702 times
Thank you whitviper! No it does not, when there are places that are 2200 to 2700 a month. Wink believe me when I say those places exist on oahu. And I did not work overtime just for furniture. It was to put savings in the bank, a deposit, which is double a months rent, and many other things. And we have a good amount of savings, so I am by no means poor, I am frugal. You learn to be this way living in michigan believe me!! (watch hardcore pawn on truetv sometime guys, lol)
For those that try to do what I did it is not easy supporting 2 households at the same time.
I am in seattle now, about to board to get to honolulu. And honestly not having the wife was not that hard, not with skype and phones and tech, lol. We talked everyday. And I did no different than soldiers do all the time.
And I do know that uhr will pay less, but it is for a job I will love! My old job had good people, and that's it. Everything else was bad bad bad. For you guys on the islands looking to move to michigan...............LMAO!!!!!!!!! Lord I hope not, but if you do, you will need a good car that can handle the tough winters, and they are cutting down on salting the roads from now on and the salt they do put down will make the sea winds eating on your car look like nothing!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM

Also, I have no worries about healthcare. I am on my wife's insurance and after 2 years I will be locked into healthcare for the rest of my life one she makes tenure. You would have to wait 5 years in michigan thanks to that ass snyder!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanos9999 View Post
Thank you whitviper! No it does not, when there are places that are 2200 to 2700 a month. Wink believe me when I say those places exist on oahu. And I did not work overtime just for furniture. It was to put savings in the bank, a deposit, which is double a months rent, and many other things. And we have a good amount of savings, so I am by no means poor, I am frugal. You learn to be this way living in michigan believe me!! (watch hardcore pawn on truetv sometime guys, lol)
For those that try to do what I did it is not easy supporting 2 households at the same time.
I am in seattle now, about to board to get to honolulu. And honestly not having the wife was not that hard, not with skype and phones and tech, lol. We talked everyday. And I did no different than soldiers do all the time.
And I do know that uhr will pay less, but it is for a job I will love! My old job had good people, and that's it. Everything else was bad bad bad. For you guys on the islands looking to move to michigan...............LMAO!!!!!!!!! Lord I hope not, but if you do, you will need a good car that can handle the tough winters, and they are cutting down on salting the roads from now on and the salt they do put down will make the sea winds eating on your car look like nothing!
Just a friendly suggestion - the not having the wife was not that hard, best to keep that to yourself when you see her, ha ha.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 PM

lol, well............

Mentally it was not, now physically.......... The love, sex, and attention............ I will keep that to myself, lol

Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM

219 posts, read 498,406 times
Please keep updating, I am using you to argue a point. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,106,560 times
And he's in the air.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:52 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,193,553 times
Phanos9999 Aloha when you get this message! Welcome to a warm life! The best of luck to you both. You have planned and worked hard to get to the islands. You better not post tonight.... your busy!! Yes keep updating and hope you both find the islands your new home. Wait on the baby till you really figure it out however haveing a feeling some kind of announcement will be held somewhere in 9 months!!

Aloha you both worked hard and thought it out to be here!!! Ahhh the smells when you land! Love that first sight, first smell of Hawaii! Welcome home. Now go find an ohana!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: