Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 827 times

Advertisements

Hi There!
My name is Daisy and I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I was planning to going to Hawai to do some work and travel ( there are some agencies ghere that help with the Visa and finding work) but i wanted to know some more please

1)City in general, how is the day to day there?

2) How hard is to find a job there? ( I dont care if it waiting tables or anything,heheh but something stable and that I can arrange beforehand - if I solve this for myself I save 1000 bucks)

3)Housing. Do you know where I can find a somewhere ( fb group, page , whatever) to share an apartment? I need to save as much money as possible hehe, I promisse I get along with everyone and I´m always in a good mood!

4) Daily Money. Um, how much money ( on averge) do I need everyday? I know It depends on the lifestly, but roughly

5) Volunteering! I love loving and helping people. Do you know any good volunteering organazatios where I could help?

Thank you beforehand

Aloha & soulhug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 AM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
Is this work visa business giving you a money back guarantee? Because you can't work legally without the proper type of visa and the work visa is hard to come by. You have to have a job skill that is not available from the local population and you have to have an employer do the paperwork and sponsor you. You can not work on a tourist visa.

I suggest that you go into the USA embassy and ask them for information about getting a visa to work in the USA. Do that before you pay any money for someone else to find you a job in Hawaii.

Three months lodging would probably be a vacation rental. Or maybe you could find a roommate situation, although even roommates want someone who will stay longer.

Try looking on airbnb and maybe you can find a room in someone's house.

It is possible to work on a student visa, if you are enrolled in a college and the type of work and hours of work are severely limited for the student visa.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:51 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,459,897 times
Here's the official website for US Work Visa information...

Working in the US | USCIS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu