Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 04:40 AM

69 posts, read 314,136 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.

So a group of friends from my church have decided to go camping at Bellows.

I have done camping in in-door facilities, such as at Camp Mokuleia, and Camp Erdman, both on the North Shore area, in the past.
There are bunk beds provided, and you can rest assure that the night marcher will not torch you when sleeping (nah, just kidding).

But I'm going tent camping this weekend at Bellows.

Besides flashlight, clothes, a sleeping bag, and maybe mosquito repellant, what else should I take with me?
(Please don't say marshmallows to make S'mores)

Is there a shower facility there?

Oh, and for those of you who have camped at Bellows, please let me know upfront if there is a mosquito problem at night.

I hate mosquitoes attacking me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:02 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
One of my favorite experiences ever, sleeping out under the stars with the ocean singing to me. Firewood is a suggestion. Will you be off base? Otherwise the showers are iffy. But they clean the restrooms every morning before dawn. Enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails
First timer going camping with friends at Bellows - need some advice-dsc06133.jpg  

Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,256,262 times
Also take a rain parka, never know. Get some of the hang-up bug Zappers with tie raps to hang up, to take with you to help from getting bit by the Mosquitos, or spray. Always used to go Bellows a lot, not so much now. Enjoy your weekend camping trip.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:49 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,100,473 times
There is an outdoor shower and bathroom facility at the public side of the beach. Haven't been personally to the military side, but I know folks who have and they said there are facilities there as well.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 PM

38 posts, read 96,489 times
How many nights will you camp? Honestly, approach this with a good attitude and you'll have the time of your life. Who is planning the menu? It takes a lot of forethought including cooking utensils, spices, etc. You can eat really well when tent camping & cooking all from scratch, either on gas or wood fire. I have this great catfish gumbo I do, can cook it all in one pot. Spaghetti is another easy choice.

My biggest rule when camping at the beach is CAREFULLY wipe all sand off everything before climbing in the tent. Shoes stay outside! Otherwise, you'll have sand in everything within 10 minutes. If you're camping more than 1 night, this will make you miserable so be careful about tracking in sand. Have a blast! Bellows is a great beach!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 PM

293 posts, read 361,912 times
I stopped in at Bellows last week. Nice place. Next time I may stay in their cabins for a little R&R.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu