Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 PM

29 posts, read 50,469 times

Advertisements

Thank you @Hawaiian by Heart
I am glad you had noticed that I was referring to him only. Also I deleted it not to hide it but so no one else would get the wrong idea. Please everyone refer back to my OP? #1.
Did I come on here referring anything to anyone about giving me money. No ways not even once!
I am saddened that this is all people can do, think the worst of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estherw808 View Post
Lol hey tdr22. He only quoted me on part of what I wrote. So if you didnt read anything else too bad. It was a message for him and only him. I took it down to prove I am not on here for pity or donations!! Ewww just ewww.
Think one thing you should know if you haven't noticed yet? Is this forum is dominated with malahine and transplants from the mainland, they have money so its really not crazy to understand there point of views and realities. We could use more locals who have the local mind and the culture awareness too balance everything out.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:50 PM

But hey you know what @hawaiian? Its okay. My intentions when I came on this forum which I found via Google btw (lol) was and is pure. So its okay, and kinda not okay because I am worried about getting this kind of flap back when I head to the mainland......auwe...but yeah its okay because they will learn hopefully.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
But hey you know what @hawaiian? Its okay. My intentions when I came on this forum which I found via Google btw (lol) was and is pure. So its okay, and kinda not okay because I am worried about getting this kind of flap back when I head to the mainland......auwe...but yeah its okay because they will learn hopefully.
Naw sister we have special kind on CDF here. You will be ok. Here maybe can share some of my aloha to you?

HAPA - Lei Manoa. Live at the Tiki Terrace, Des Plaines, IL - YouTube

Hapa - Tuahine (HiSessions.com Acoustic Live!) - YouTube

Old 09-30-2014, 09:27 PM

Thank you! Very beautiful. Are you in any of the videos?

Old 09-30-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Very beautiful. Are you in any of the videos?
Naw not me, god didn't give me that talent. My aloha comes from the culture, music, aina and people of Hawai'i. I especially like HAPA because they represent the diversity of our home but also you can feel there mana or energy good. And ya i one ol' ***.

Funny they cencer fart in pidgin.

Have you decided what to do yet about your situation?

Old 09-30-2014, 10:48 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,301,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Naw sister we have special kind on CDF here. You will be ok. Here maybe can share some of my aloha to you?

HAPA - Lei Manoa. Live at the Tiki Terrace, Des Plaines, IL - YouTube

Hapa - Tuahine (HiSessions.com Acoustic Live!) - YouTube
I knew Barry well back in the early 90's. I know his story since then but I had heard from a friend he had straightened himself up. He is not looking well in the second video.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:07 PM

I wish I was more in tune with Hawaiian music, sad to say I barely know anything about my heritage.

And I honestly want to move to the mainland. I wouldnt mind moving to Kentucky? I have been researching and it seems to have all my needs and wants.
I am just scared off my butt because I have never been away from home(Oahu). Going on our own? At 23 with fur kids.
I believe though if this is meant to be it will be
Still waiting on my background check. Tomorrow makes 5 days. If this works out then I will definitely be moving. I don't care if we get lost trying to find places.
Tired of living here. We tried staying at the Kakaako Next Step Shelter for awhile. Ainsley my baby was still 2 months old. I loved it because there was always peace, no one breathing down my neck or stealing my belongings. Then we started to see what it was really like:/ The staff infections were horrible. Ambulance came and picked up kids and older people like twice a week.
After that my husband and I both had our wallets stolen.
Easier for me to get back my papers because Im a US Citizen, my husband is from Kosrae.
Long story short. Yeah we lost his work papers, and we got the heck outta there before my kids especially my baby girl ended up with staff.
The only thing I miss? Feeling independent. Feeling at peace. Damn sucks being back under someone elses roof. Bleh!!! I wanna get outta here;(

Old 09-30-2014, 11:12 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Hey - at least you've got internet access!

Old 09-30-2014, 11:17 PM

Hahha yes I do internet and nextflix. All on my phone. And my Hay Day game. They keep me sane.
Is it raining hard in Kailua too? I think its the whole island. Im just thankful though, this weather has been horrible!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu