Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:15 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,268,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Huh? i was talking about with the cranes comes the big piledrivers kaboom kaboom! Don't know what you were talking about brah?
That is what I was trying to say, in my clumsy way. Each of those Cranes doing the pile driving, and Erecting the condo, should have names, regular or Hawaiian. Since they are making homes for residents.
Just like the Big Rigs on the Mainland. The long haul truckers, some of them have names for there trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 11:57 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times
Why are some of you assuming the cranes don't have a Hawaiian name? I'd bet they mostly do.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:21 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,785,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
That is what I was trying to say, in my clumsy way. Each of those Cranes doing the pile driving, and Erecting the condo, should have names, regular or Hawaiian. Since they are making homes for residents.
Just like the Big Rigs on the Mainland. The long haul truckers, some of them have names for there trucks.
Oh i see sorry, you know there has been something really wrong with me the last few years, ive gotten very reaction oriented when i used to be very mellow and not talk alot. To be honest i think im going pupule here on da mainland.

@whtviper1, ScottStielow

Im sure there are several pidgin and olelo hawaiian words being used for the cranes. One being on my %#%@ ache head and others that cant be said on this forum lol.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:03 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,122,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That seems low to me - everything being built and put on the market is essentially over $428K already.
For every high end $1M two bdrm condo in the urban core, there are 10-15 old cheapo ones that hit the market; these drag the median value way down. There are also a lot of condos outside of the pricey urban core. Remember, townhomes are still considered condos and there are tons and tons of those spread across the island and mixed in with SFHs, particularly west and central Oahu where housing is much cheaper.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:24 AM

206 posts, read 187,980 times
They had better put some of that 7.4 billion back into infrastructure, cause currently we can't handle it.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:02 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,043,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Most folks that have lived in Hawaiʻi for a long time know that the true "state bird" is the "construction crane," not the nene.
Return Of The Hawaiian Cranes - MidWeek
I thought it was the chicken. lol

Old 04-06-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post
They had better put some of that 7.4 billion back into infrastructure, cause currently we can't handle it.
Hey wait, im confused i thought there was no infrastructure issues on the island of oahu? Some hawaii experts who lkeep reminding me that they live currently on oahu and i don't tell me that when the streets flood or sewers back up like in kakaako for example they do so with rain because every city does etc? Oh my oh my what is the truth?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:44 AM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
or sewers back up like in kakaako for example they do so with rain because every city does etc?
If you lived here then you would know that the Kakaako sewer systems have been renovated or replaced in order to accommodate the new high rises.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
If you lived here then you would know that the Kakaako sewer systems have been renovated or replaced in order to accommodate the new high rises.
*hickup* ok den.

"Greed and poor planning takes precedence over everything in Hawaii.* Like the Ala Wai canal, it is just another big natural disaster in the making as the development of Kakaako gets underway."

More Flooding in Kakaako's Future > Hawaii Free Press

"Right now there is a RACE to see how fast all the future swamp land of Kakaako can be quickly sold and developed before the mainland and foreign real estate investors find out they will be STUCK with enormous future expenses as the Karst get’s shattered, the land subsides, and the water rises."

http://www.ilind.net/2013/06/06/kaka...r-urban-swamp/

Kakaako development plans draw fire from residents - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Pg 1/2

Old 04-06-2015, 01:05 PM

Pg 2/2

"When people want to sue the city, they will have the 2012 Act 286 to support their cases . That law states that county plans must study the impacts of climate change and ways to protect the people from them. Passing development plans and sustainability plans at this time, when the scientific studies on groundwater inundation have already been published, and news-media articles on groundwater-rise have warned the council against doing so, invites lawsuits. It is irresponsible, and actually, a crime against the people."

Honolulu Council Begging for Sea Level Rise Lawsuits - Civil Beat

The titanic is unsinkablebleblebleble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: