Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:18 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,926,328 times

Advertisements

Do you actually have an article of any recent flooding or sewer problems in Kakaako after they replaced/renovated the system rather than some dudes blog? We had some of the biggest storms in a very long time this past summer - and guess what - no flooding or sewer issues in Kakaako, if you lived here you would have know that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 01:43 PM

206 posts, read 186,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Hey wait, im confused i thought there was no infrastructure issues on the island of oahu? Some hawaii experts who lkeep reminding me that they live currently on oahu and i don't tell me that when the streets flood or sewers back up like in kakaako for example they do so with rain because every city does etc? Oh my oh my what is the truth?
I don't know who these experts are, but we hear about water main breaks on the radio daily, snarling traffic where ever they happen. Of course everyone remembers the sewer overflow in the Ala Wai in 2006. It only took them SEVEN years to get rid of that huge black noodle in the canal, a constant reminder of how aging our infrastructure is. In fact I think there was a black pipe going down Kalanianiole for a while too because of another sewage break.

And of course our water bills went up significantly to pay for this stuff.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:56 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,761,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post
I don't know who these experts are, but we hear about water main breaks on the radio daily, snarling traffic where ever they happen. Of course everyone remembers the sewer overflow in the Ala Wai in 2006. It only took them SEVEN years to get rid of that huge black noodle in the canal, a constant reminder of how aging our infrastructure is. In fact I think there was a black pipe going down Kalanianiole for a while too because of another sewage break.

Im on your side and agree 100%, its refreshing to hear truth.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:13 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,111,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post

Yes, aging infrastructure is a big problem on Oahu, however, not any more particularly serious here than it is anywhere else on the planet.

Taxes will go way up (everywhere) to fix all the aging infrastructure built in the post-war era. Everything from publicly owned bridges to sewer lines to buildings will all need to be either rehabilitated or replaced entirely over the next couple decades.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:19 PM

I like these examples of out dated infrastructure. All under 2 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vetKcAsL8D4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zAtNzd948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrZVaAMRvI

And my favorite, because i like waterfalls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsNRTO7DmrM

Old 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,926,328 times
Have anything from Kakaako recently? I didn't think so.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Have anything from Kakaako recently? I didn't think so.
Kona street is in kakaako/ala mo area! seriously. Have good day whtviper1

Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times
No doubt our infrastructure is old and worn, it's a problem that is not specific for Hawaii.

Though the youtube from flooding.... caused by a hurricane is certainly a stretch.
We had flooding during the 40 days and nights almost everywhere, back in 05? or so.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No doubt our infrastructure is old and worn, it's a problem that is not specific for Hawaii.

Though the youtube from flooding.... caused by a hurricane is certainly a stretch.
We had flooding during the 40 days and nights almost everywhere, back in 05? or so.
Just one simple question? Has flooding got worse with heavy rains thru the years?

Old 04-09-2015, 08:15 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Just one simple question? Has flooding got worse with heavy rains thru the years?

No. Better. At least in the areas I've lived and areas to which I travel regularly. I've only been here for 25 years though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: