Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 957 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Please excuse the repetitive question, I've read through so many threads and tried looking on the internet but still vague info!

I have a job offer which enables me essentially to pick which city to work in from the following, Boston, Chicago, San Fran and NYC - as my family are part Irish I want to nail my colours to the Boston flag

I operate in sales, and currently earn in the UK after tax the equivalent of $73k per annum. Moving to the states I have been offered $80k per year Gross, and i can expect in bonuses etc another minimum 60k. So looking at a minimum of $140 per year, in a year i expect this to be closer to $200k. I know it seems like a silly question, but is that a good package for a one income family to live in Boston, wife and 2 kids ( aged 9 and 2)

I am clueless on where to begin looking on rent/cost of living etc and my heart really wants to make the move, but i need to make sure it's worth it for my family. My current living allows me around the equivalent of $2k per month for family stuff - essentially the money after i take away house costs/food/petrol etc

Any information or any links would be greatly appreciated, and if you think i am better to raise a family in one of the other cities please just say : )

thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 10:48 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,703,979 times
None of those cities are located in Hawaii.

Suggest that you have the Administrator move your post to the appropriate state.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:15 AM

181 posts, read 274,866 times
People go to Hawai'i to get AWAY from Boston, Chicago, San Fran and NYC . . !

Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 PM

59 posts, read 54,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPilot View Post
People go to Hawai'i to get AWAY from Boston, Chicago, San Fran and NYC . . !
But I believe Boston, Chigoco, SF are more popular places to migrants.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 PM

210 posts, read 251,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifislow View Post
But I believe Boston, Chigoco, SF are more popular places to migrants.
Hawii gives $50,000 in welfare benefits. Maybe ill put up flyer in Mexico notifying the fine upstanding illegals of this.................lol.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,975,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkieMcCain View Post
Hawii gives $50,000 in welfare benefits. Maybe ill put up flyer in Mexico notifying the fine upstanding illegals of this.................lol.
It is one thing to swim the Rio Grande - another to swim the Pacific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu