Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 08:43 PM

293 posts, read 191,589 times

Advertisements

Because here, no one seems to know about that side of history or such and seems hard finding people into the stuff here.

Last edited by axelthefox; 01-17-2020 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 10:12 PM

42 posts, read 36,124 times
I'd enjoy the nostalgia. I went to Renaissance festivals on high school field trips and keep a silver chain headdress with green beads as a souvenir. It's cosplay for history fans.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlabeled View Post
I'd enjoy the nostalgia. I went to Renaissance festivals on high school field trips and keep a silver chain headdress with green beads as a souvenir. It's cosplay for history fans.

Yeah,i remember one in Maryland.

I think it would help here in hawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-0_qOoWNg

I once played a cd with this this song in the car and one person thought it was middle east and another person said what is this. and i have tried explaining that it is renaissance music from the 16th century, but that explanation seems to go over their head.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:18 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Look up the "society for Creative Anachronism" and the "Barony of the Western Seas". They have events and fighter practice on Oahu. There's also branches of the Society of Creative Anachronism on each of the islands. Not sure how active they are, but they'd possibly be interested in putting together a ren faire of some sort.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:27 AM

42 posts, read 36,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Yeah,i remember one in Maryland.

I think it would help here in hawaii.

We went to the large Texas festival every autumn. It was inclusive of fantasy and wasn't limited strictly to the Renaissance period of European history so there was something for everyone. I could see it being a popular and lucrative attraction in Hawaii if it was well-implemented.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:29 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
I believe Hawaii is mostly into Hawaiian and Polynesian-themed events. Most local people aren't very interested in Mainland or European History. I enjoy the fact that entertainment isn't the same world-wide.

Also tourists don't come here to watch re-enactments of European History. They chose luaus to witness local history no matter how "enhanced" it has become.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Look up the "society for Creative Anachronism" and the "Barony of the Western Seas". They have events and fighter practice on Oahu. There's also branches of the Society of Creative Anachronism on each of the islands. Not sure how active they are, but they'd possibly be interested in putting together a ren faire of some sort.

Yeah,i think i saw someone one time in a suit of armor at the Hawaii convention center during Kawaii Kon,Comic con or such.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:49 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Most local people aren't very interested in Mainland or European History.
Perhaps on Maui but this is the Oahu forum where locals seem obsessed with each new Mainland store or restaurant opening (for instance the busiest Cheesecake Factory and CPK in the chain are in Hawaii). Regardless I don't think a "ren faire" would be terribly interesting here - seems like a winter thing.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Perhaps on Maui but this is the Oahu forum where locals seem obsessed with each new Mainland store or restaurant opening (for instance the busiest Cheesecake Factory and CPK in the chain are in Hawaii). Regardless I don't think a "ren faire" would be terribly interesting here - seems like a winter thing.

I have checked youtube and noticed Australia has a medieval festival or such.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:04 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
I have checked youtube and noticed Australia has a medieval festival or such.
It's not a bad flight - check it out. Daytime flight down - red eye back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu