Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 12:39 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Then there was an hour or so of rain. There was more sunshine than rain during the day, but there was some rain, too. SO, is it a 'rainy' day or not?
Today, in the afternoon - was rainy. The morning - not so much. For Oahu, the afternoon was more rain than usual.

Anyway - nothing compared to what was called the 40 days of rain in March 2006 - which was literally, 40 days of torrential rain with very little breaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 10:19 AM

139 posts, read 113,464 times
Even with the rain, it sounds like a lovely place to be. Wish I was there.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:05 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,168 times
The best airfare deal should be one way $99 from San Jose to Honolulu by Alaska Air under certain condition.

April starts to get hot but tolerable. Best time to come is February and March.

So far there is no Coronavirus case known in Hawaii. But somehow only 6 people have been tested so far.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:32 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Ditto.

I booked for a week in early June mid last month, and am not changing my travel plans unless the military forced me not to go, which is highly unlikely unless there was a massive outbreak in the area.

Since I booked last month, my ticket was already cheap enough, and I'm finding through a recent search that prices have gone down by an average of about $20 per roundtrip ticket from where I am; I booked for $630 roundtrip from the DC area.

What I'm more interested in is the affect of the virus scare on hotel prices. I've already seen a drop in prices (some significant), so will almost certainly cancel my current booking (free cancellation until the end of April) and book elsewhere. Currently, folks are canceling their stays at the Hale Koa, as I'm seeing room openings for early June when previously the month was booked solid as recently as January. If enough days open up for early June, I'll probably end up staying there.
I canceled my original hotel booking (for just under $1,500) and rebooked at another location for just under $1,100. With the long term free cancellation policies, I'll continue to look for better deals before my trip.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
Hello everyone,

I made sure to do some research prior to this post. However, all I get are generic articles online stating that "anytime of the year is a good time to visit Hawaii" or the rainy season has dwindled away by April. Most of the Google search results are articles that are a bit vague. I have also searched this forum with key words like "April, weather, spring time and Spam Jam", but can't seem to find anything.

My girlfriend and I would like to visit Oahu during the third week of April so we can also attend the Spam Jam festival (I love Spam). We were wondering if there is usually a lot of rain during that time. I have visited Oahu at least 8 times throughout my life but I have never been there during April. Can anyone please tell me what the typical weather is like near the end of April?

Thank you in advance.

Its cooler and less humidity than in summer and fall. Temps get up in the 80's during the day with scattering of rain showers.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:28 AM

While not April - they just cancelled the Murphy's St. Patrick's Day block party - which is huge

Old 03-16-2020, 10:20 AM

Spam Jam has been officially cancelled.

Waikiki is essentially turning into a ghost town.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:52 PM

139 posts, read 113,464 times
Things are definitely looking more grim. Might actually postpone the trip until the situation clears.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
Things are definitely looking more grim. Might actually postpone the trip until the situation clears.
I would 100% cancel.

I'm sure very soon - bars/restaurants/pools/tours close.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau808 View Post

April is fine, its rare to have consistent rain for a whole day here. The sun always comes out sooner or later.
This week - not so much sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: