Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:30 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,487 times

Advertisements

So I'm from the southwest, taking a trip to Oahu next month. I'm gonna see a beautiful friend of mine who lives near wiapahu (?) I'll be staying in honolulu... Where's a good flower shop? What kind of flowers should I buy a girl in a relationship that's just beginning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,962 times
try and find a carnation tubearose lei.... they smell great.. a safe lei to give.. you might find most any grocer store here as well as 7-11.

if you like good stuff.. china town... pick an flower stand.. get plenny..... to chose from.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,126,838 times
How sweet that you wish to buy her flowers! While you certainly could go to a florist there are some really nice "love bunches" (really pretty when you buy two or three and put them together) very inexpensively at most grocery stores and Wal-Mart. They are usually pretty, fresh and smell beautiful- you can always find the standard roses, carnations, daisies, mixed bouquets and even orchids at these places , so why pay more for flowers from a florist?

If you want you can just pick up some flowers at the airport (more expensive) but oh, so convenient. There quite a few choices of grocery stores in Waipahu and it depends where in Waipahu she lives. Wal Mart is quite close if you choose that option. Have a womderful time!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,591,440 times
go for the Lei remember you in Hawaii... its all good

Old 05-09-2009, 12:37 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,045,477 times
Chinatown lei shops on Maunakea street, isn't it? I always get them from there. Otherwise, if she's a gardener, you can pick up a live orchid plant at Star Market garden center over in the University area.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,487 times
Thank you for the great suggestions!.

Follow-up question: Can you give me some fun date ideas (anywhere on Oahu)?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,045,477 times
The zoo? The aquarium? The beach? Those are all daytime things which makes for a nice easy stress free sort of date. Otherwise movies are good since afterwards you will have a shared experience to talk about. You could always do the moonlight walk on Waikiki beach, it has lots of lights on it and should be pretty safe. Try it by yourself a day or two before to scope it out.

Ask her what she'd like. Tell her you'd like to take her out on a date and you'd like to know where?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM

14 posts, read 42,366 times
You'll find flowers all over Hawaii and mostly in every store so finding flowers is no problem. Now what kind of flower lei to give a girl that just starting out on a relationship?. You don't. You give her advice.

I'm just joking. You may give her a nice scented lei such as Pikake, Pukenkeni or Gardenia lei which are probably the most expensive but well worth it or better yet, a nice floral arrangement.

For fun dates, the zoo, picnic on Kailua beach or Kapiolani park, surf the sun or just hang out with a nice cool shave ice.

Enjoy!

Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,760,448 times
Personally i would go with the chinatown lei shops, because of the tradition. But what im shocked to not hear is no one mentioned the professional lei stands just outside of the honolulu airport. There are about twelve stands. I mentioned this because i didn't know if you will be meeting your wahinie at the airport when you land or not? If so?, Im sure you could arrange to have a lei girl with your lei ready for you when you depart from your plane. I don't know who is cheaper? I would assume the chinatown lei shops because its not so focused on the tourist.

As for the date? Is she a local girl, whats her age? Cant beat hawaii for nature, take a trip up the pali and bring a picnic basket and enjoy the view. Just one suggestion. Hope helped? Aloha

Lei Greetings — Official Website for all Hawaii Airports

Old 11-13-2014, 12:13 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,453,984 times
Hey HBH, FWIW, this is a 5 year old necro-thread, revived from the dead by someone placing a stealth ad for flowers on the mainland.

OP is still around, was mostly recently asking about a place to stay for 2 on Oahu. So I think the date worked out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu