Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 AM

143 posts, read 702,725 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be in Hawaii on vacation from 1/25 - 2/18/2010

Assuming I will be in Honolulu, where can I watch the Super Bowl? I'm also a fan of the English Soccer Team Arsenal. If there are any sports bars around that someone would recommend that would be fantastic.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM

682 posts, read 2,796,121 times
There are lots of sports bars around. I'm a fan of Kanpai on Ward. At Aloha Tower there's Hooters, which was packed last Super Bowl, so if you want to go there you should make a reservation for their "VIP Room". I know because I walked right by to go to Gordon Biersch, which is also at Aloha Tower. The food is good, but small screen TV's. Not recommended.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:23 PM
zoa

60 posts, read 491,463 times
You may get the European version of football at Murphy's in downtown area, or the Wild Irish Saloon just off Kalakaua.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 PM

19 posts, read 54,986 times
You might want to look at the time zone - not ideal for watching English football in bars. As a Red it is a nightmare when I am in Hawaii

Old 01-10-2010, 01:11 PM

27 posts, read 131,366 times
hooters has great cheesesteak sandwiches and nachos and salsa and a great waterfront view of an old sailing ship.
dave and busters has great wings and sundaes and video games and with a rooftop outside bar with live band on occasion.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:17 PM

27 posts, read 131,366 times
the wild irish saloon is one of my favorites. live band and classic rock and choppers out front and a good sushi bar right next door.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 PM

82 posts, read 479,168 times
Buffalo Wild Wings has ~50 TV's and seem to cater to any major sporting event (NCAA sports, NFL, MLB, UFC).

Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 AM

24 posts, read 80,401 times
If you want to go to a REAL sports bar not a tourist trap mainland corporate rip off joint, i.e. Hooters, Gordon Biersch & Buffalo Wild Wings then I strongly suggest the following places;

Legends Sports Bar,
In Waikiki corner of Nahua & Kuhio behind the Starbucks has ALL sporting events in the world on 10 flat screens. Excellent happy hour; $2.50 REAL free poured Mai Tais, $2.75 Draft pints of Coors Light & Budweiser. This is the real macoy sports bar. Few tourists mostly locals.

The Shack,
Three locations Kailua, Waikiki and Hawaii Kai. Never been to the one in Kailua, Hawaii Kai location seems to be more REAL sports fans and NO tourists. Happy hour is 4--6, most if not all drinks at that time $3

Cheers,
S. King St & Keeaumoku St, great pupu specials and $3 happy hour from 2-6. Very local spot but friendly to outsiders i.e. tourists & haoles also free popcorn.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM

82 posts, read 479,168 times
Now that you mention it -- Legends would probably work out well. I seem to remember them catering to European sports, posting game dates/times for the season, and opening early if necessary, etc.

I didn't get the same feel about the places John listed as being a tourist trap/rip off, just a chain restaurant you can expect to be similar to one you may have visited on the mainland (touristy area or not).

I can appreciate supporting local businsess without slander to the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: