Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 13,941 times

Advertisements

I currently have verizon and am so tired of paying their expensive on going rate rising plans....im trying to find out which cell phone company provides the second best coverage? Im between t-mobile and ATT...please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,517,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacia86 View Post
I currently have verizon and am so tired of paying their expensive on going rate rising plans....im trying to find out which cell phone company provides the second best coverage? Im between t-mobile and ATT...please help!
On Oahu, being that it is so small of an island and there are so many people - no one company has "bad" service. The only places without service are up on the mountains or inside the tunnels where no one lives anyway. Ask friends and neighbors who they have.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:39 PM

41 posts, read 145,040 times
I have AT&T and the service is terrible. I cannot get a signal in my house on the North Shore & most places in my yard. Places on Oahu where I can get a signal I have problems with dropped calls. The only reason I am with AT&T is because I have an iPhone and I am hoping that in the near future iPhone users will be able to go with another company.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,517,953 times
Getting a signal inside a house on any island here can be problematic due to the predominant use of sheet metal roofing materials. Still, AT&T has good coverage on the islands. Have you considered an issue with the phone itself?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM

820 posts, read 3,036,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfoxx View Post
I have AT&T and the service is terrible. I cannot get a signal in my house on the North Shore & most places in my yard. Places on Oahu where I can get a signal I have problems with dropped calls. The only reason I am with AT&T is because I have an iPhone and I am hoping that in the near future iPhone users will be able to go with another company.
Ditto on this for Maui, Verizon was much better here.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:14 AM

698 posts, read 1,510,473 times
I use AT&T and have had 0 problems so far.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 AM

19 posts, read 80,105 times
I am using T-mobile(8yrs) & very happy with their service although reception could be a problem time to time.
I heard AT&T is good too.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 PM

41 posts, read 145,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Getting a signal inside a house on any island here can be problematic due to the predominant use of sheet metal roofing materials. Still, AT&T has good coverage on the islands. Have you considered an issue with the phone itself?
Not a problem with the phone, I just happen to live in an area of Oahu where AT&T has no cell tower. Didn't know this before I got service with AT&T or I never would have gone with them.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,690,917 times
For Hawaii we have AT&T phones because Globalstar does not work on Hawaii.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM

19 posts, read 104,978 times
In our area (windward side Lanikai, Oahu), the only company that has clear coverage is AT&T. We have to keep a land line for friends who come over and have other carriers (such as sprint or T Moblie) because their phones don't work. It's the geography, we are tucked in behind Kai Iwi ridge and it blocks all the others. So it depends where you will be living and where you will need coverage. We absolutely need the cell coverage for work so we use ATT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: