Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:14 AM

183 posts, read 1,134,072 times

Advertisements

Hey! thanks so much! this place is perfect... exactly what I was looking for! Do you have a dog? I wonder if there is a club that does agilty and meets there, one of the photos on the page looked like there was some weave poles in the background... i really want to start my border collie in agilty, so I'll have to look into it once we get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 AM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
It does look like a nice place, I was over that way yesterday.

I have two dogs, a Boxer (10 yrs old) and a Bullnesse (2 yrs old). I used to take my Boxer to work with me, so he id very people and pet friendly, he would really enjoy going to the park.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,902 times
Hi New Teacher, if you are moving to Ocala Florida you could not have picked a better place. There is a wonderful dog park called Millenium Dog Park in the SE Ocala. There are wonderful people there to socialize with that all love their dogs. It is divided into small and large dog areas. There is water and poop bags available with a sheltered seating area. I also hear there is another dog park that is supposed to be made near the airport I believe and that one is supposed to have a swimming hole for the dogs, but it is not ready yet that I am aware of. The hours are reasonable and this Millenium Dog Park is run by volunteers and donations.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newteacher View Post
I am moving to Ocala the 1st weekend in July and I wanted to know if anyone is aware of a nice place for us to socialize our dogs. Are there any dog parks? If not, anyone have any favorite place for walks? I know there is a Petsmart, so that's a start...
Also, if there is a place where our 1 year old Lab/Border Collie Mix can jump in and swim, or fetch things out of the water, that would be good, too...
I've heard that theres a large animal preserve over on SE 35th street.......dogs, cats, armadillos, etc !!!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 AM

285 posts, read 927,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
I live in Inverness which is about a 25 minute drive from Ocala. There is a brand new fenced Dog Park about 20 acres with swimming ponds, dirt to dig, bathing facilities and free running with the other dogs both big and small separated or together. It's $10 a day to bring your dog or $30 a month. A couple who owns a kennel next door own it and so far it's been doing quite well.

My wife and I went and checked this park out and it is a nice place just as mentioned.
Well maintained. Excellent enviornment for you and your dog. We are going back with our dog.

Bark Central Dog Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala