Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 PM

236 posts, read 900,732 times

Advertisements

I'm sure I will insult someone with this post, which is not my intension. This is just my take of Rolling Hills and Ocala in general. I've decided that this area has three things, bugs, muck, and nothing else. I've seen more different type of bugs and creatures then I have ever seen, and never want to see again! I am not a woodsy type person. And if you ever notice with most horror movies... all the bad stuff happens in the woods! Beaches on the other hand are happy places. No place is conveinant. You have to drive 20 minutes just to get out of the development. Shopping is very limited, the mall can hardly be called a mall. I can be done in 5 minutes there. Very little entertainment! Very little anything! Very isolated living style. So I get to leave this area and am never looking back. I will be heading back to civilization soon! Once I do leave I dont want to be back in Ocala, dont want to hear about OCala, dont even want to see a road sign that leads to Ocala. If you arent very country, red neck, whatever, you dont belong here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,532,809 times
Well I guess Ocala is not for you.

I hope you find something more to your liking somewhere else.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 08-08-2010 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: Some people just don't get it.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:45 PM

66 posts, read 137,047 times
I note Blue717 lives in Dunnellon. I do, too, and can't wait to get out of here. Lots of drugs and other crime, rednecks running up and down the roads on 4-wheelers (isn't that illegal in Marion County?), not even a decent fast food place. McDonald's here is disgusting. It took the law 45 minutes to respond to the burglar alarm going off next door after I called them and their office is less than 4 miles away. I guess they were too busy sucking down donuts, all the law here is overweight and would croak of a heart attack if they had to do the obstacle training course.

We are, however, staying in the area. Ocala proper is a really nice place and has almost everything a person could need or want. I have noted the same trend with the Ocala law enforcement personnel being overweight...must just be a cop thing. And I don't know why they need new cars. How do you get high mileage on a vehicle that's parked under a tree in the shade most of the day? Just need some plywood cutouts painted like a cop car parked under the tree, serve the same purpose cheaper.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Sheltie...I agree, this area offers absolutely nothing for me. I took a ride thru a good part of rolling hills and found so many empty houses, it was really a shame. Except for the old timers who like this kind of rural living, I can see this area turning into a ghost town! I'm heading towards the coast which is home, next month! Cant wait!

Grannie...Dont take it personal!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 PM

529 posts, read 1,174,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
Sheltie...I agree, this area offers absolutely nothing for me. I took a ride thru a good part of rolling hills and found so many empty houses, it was really a shame. Except for the old timers who like this kind of rural living, I can see this area turning into a ghost town! I'm heading towards the coast which is home, next month! Cant wait!

Grannie...Dont take it personal!
Congrats, Blue. I seem to recall you have been trying to sell your home in Rolling Hills. Guess you finally did it. So, what coast are you heading for-? I'm jealous, sorta.....I love the St. Pete/Clearwater area, but don't want to deal with the possibility of having everything I own being lost to a hurricane, nor do I want to pay for the insurance. I'll stay here in Slocala, and drive to get my beach/culture fix.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Dax

Yes finally. We are moving up to the St Augustine area! 21 more days! This area was just not for me. I had never been so unhappy with any other place I lived. Just not a country girl!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:14 AM

6,471 posts, read 10,338,139 times
Yeeeee Haaaaw !!

Ocala/Rolling Hills is not for everyone, but I do love the area myself. Best of luck in St. Augustine. That is a beautiful area, just never lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala